Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ybor Herf this summer

This is a discussion on Ybor Herf this summer within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Ok guys and gals ill be headed home for vaca this summer to sarasota fla. Last time I was home ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish joshbhs04's Avatar

Ybor Herf this summer

Ok guys and gals ill be headed home for vaca this summer to sarasota fla. Last time I was home I met up with shawn (oldsmo) and had a blast in Ybor city. For those of you that do not know of ybor here is a link to it. Its pretty much cigar heaven in the U.S. Ybor City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I was hoping get together with as many peeps as possible and have a cigar knowledge filled day. The dates im good for are 30 June- 13 July. Last november when I met shawn we got a chance to hangout with most of the fuente family at tampa sweethearts and drink great beer at the tampa brewing company brewhouse which also included a tour from the master brewer. PM me if interested and we can get this goin!

Re: Ybor Herf this summer

I know there is plenty of FL BOTL who want to herf with shawn and myself! Done be scared!

Josh,

I know there are a few of us that are going to get together in Orlando near the end of August during the IPCPR show that is being hosted there. Just a bit of food for thought. I doubt I'd be able to make it before Aug. Sorry bud.
    Xbox Gamertag: BADF1NGER

I wish I could make it for that, why cant I just be paid to be on vaca haha

Ok here is the some finalised details. The herf wil take place on 3 July. We will be meeting at the King Corona Cigars | Historic Ybor City for coffee and a smoke. I plan on being there between 8-9 but a solid time can be agreed on as the date gets closer. After our smoke we will head over to tampa sweethearts to hopefully get a tour of the old factory and check out there shop. For those that have never been it is not a typical cigar shop as it has only the lobby for the company. No worries though as the Fuente family is very accomadating and will discuss every smoke in detail. If we are lucky like Shawn and I were we can meet Arturo Jr. After that we will be heading to the Columbia Restaurant - Ybor City, Tampa - Florida's Oldest Restaurant for lunch and cigars. I was thinking we can all make a decision after lunch on what to do next. I know most of the small shops have hand rollers inside and it would be cool to check them out. We can also visit the ybor cigar musuem. I know Shawn and myself plan on going to Tampa Brewing company to refill our growlers from last Nov's herf. Please let me know if you have anything to add.

Josh,

I'm definitely in. King Corona is a great place, and I love Ybor in general. Let's make sure to get the Fuente family in on this ASAP because I would love to spend some time with them.

Clancy,

Is the IPCPR show open to the public? I would like to get up there and hang out with you guys.

-Dave

P.S. No smoking at the Columbia since they have no outdoor seating and fla is a no smoking indoor state. The food is worth it though so im still down to go.

The Columbia has excellent food. I eat at the one on St. Armands all the time.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Yeah Josh! Come on Gents - the tour guide is calling!! The more the merrier!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Quote Originally Posted by mxracercam View Post
    Josh,

I'm definitely in. King Corona is a great place, and I love Ybor in general. Let's make sure to get the Fuente family in on this ASAP because I would love to spend some time with them.

Clancy,

Is the IPCPR show open to the public? I would like to get up there and hang out with you guys.

-Dave
    Unfortunately, no. It's a retailer, manufacturer, and press only type deal. I'll be spending my eve's in Ellenton, just outside of Tampa, and commuting to the show for a day or two before taking a couple of days to myself just to go smoke and drink in the Florida sun.
    Xbox Gamertag: BADF1NGER

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Finger View Post
    Unfortunately, no. It's a retailer, manufacturer, and press only type deal. I'll be spending my eve's in Ellenton, just outside of Tampa, and commuting to the show for a day or two before taking a couple of days to myself just to go smoke and drink in the Florida sun.
    And getting together with me!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Finger View Post
    I live just south of Ellington. There's a B&M there that usually has really good prices.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

I live just south of Ellington. There's a B&M there that usually has really good prices.
    What is this b&m you speak of? I'm just south in Port Charlotte and wouldn't mind a road trip...

:stoked: for herfin in Ybor
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Quote Originally Posted by jaysalti View Post
    What is this b&m you speak of? I'm just south in Port Charlotte and wouldn't mind a road trip...

:stoked: for herfin in Ybor
    Tobacco Depot. It's in that little plaza right next to the outlets. Let me know if you come up, we can grab a smoke and a beer!

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Tobacco Depot. It's in that little plaza right next to the outlets. Let me know if you come up, we can grab a smoke and a beer!
    Really? I'll have to check it out next time I make it down to the rink. I never knew there was a shop there.
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast