Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

This is a discussion on NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone? within the Sports Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by nfusion770 Mn sports radio has been talking about him being a great run stopper, but not a ...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Re: NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    Mn sports radio has been talking about him being a great run stopper, but not a great cover guy. Not sure Chicago really wants him, could be trying to play the vikes. Vikes gm has been pretty good at draft strategy. I wouldn't doubt if he wants Teo, but I'd be surprised if they move up. MLB makes sense for both teams though.
    The Bears desperately need a MLB. Urlacher is old and gone and Roach left in free agency. Their defense is old and aging. Cutler is on like his 4th offensive coordinator since he got there and he gets sacked at one of the highest rates in the league.

The Vikes on the other hand seem to be an up and coming team. Ponder may not be a Manning -- but with AP you don't need a Manning. Plus Jared Allen is just a monster and has some good years in front of him. But you're right -- a good MLB would help solidify their defense.

No longer a community member.

Bills knew all along their guy would be available.

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Vikes have more holes than any other playoff team, but they have a lot of guys who are young or still in their prime. DT is a big need and outside of Greenway (who is good but not great) their LB's are worthless. Defensive backfield is young but not particularly talented (except for Harrison Smith who looks really good).

Teo does seem a good fit for the Bears though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    The Bears desperately need a MLB. Urlacher is old and gone and Roach left in free agency. Their defense is old and aging. Cutler is on like his 4th offensive coordinator since he got there and he gets sacked at one of the highest rates in the league.

The Vikes on the other hand seem to be an up and coming team. Ponder may not be a Manning -- but with AP you don't need a Manning. Plus Jared Allen is just a monster and has some good years in front of him. But you're right -- a good MLB would help solidify their defense.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Puffer Fish with many spikes pippin925's Avatar

Woohoo Gmen didn't take Teo. That's the last thing they needed in NY.

Vikes have more holes than any other playoff team, but they have a lot of guys who are young or still in their prime. DT is a big need and outside of Greenway (who is good but not great) their LB's are worthless. Defensive backfield is young but not particularly talented (except for Harrison Smith who looks really good).

Teo does seem a good fit for the Bears though.
    Yes, the Vikes have a lot of young guys -- and I think they will develop and gell as a great team. Everyone needs a good run stopper in the middle -- but they tend to be bigger guys and get gassed a lot. As to Greenway -- there are 31 other teams that would love to have him. He brings it every game. I think Harrison Smith will be great and bring up the level of the other guys playing in the backfield with him. Look for him to become a team leader.

The Bears are my team -- but we just aren't going to be that good this year. Peppers is getting old and our first round defense end from last year didn't really do anything. He seems lost. Forte is a good back in the open field but he just can't seem to get the tough yards. We need a power back who can cross the goal line from the two yard line. Our best hope is Cutler to Marshall and with Marshall being double teamed most of the time that is getting harder to pull off.

Gruden just said we need a tight end -- and He's right.

WTF is up with Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    WTF is up with Floyd.
    I've seen this before. He falls to the Vikes and they draft someone else. He falls to them again and they trade down. Someone else gets him. I really want him.

Now that the Bears took Long -- Cutler does need help -- think the Vikes will take Teo?

I hope not. Apparently there are like 5 guys the Vikes want on the board. Floyd makes a lot of sense I think unless I am confused on the whole 1 gap, 2 gap business.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Now that the Bears took Long -- Cutler does need help -- think the Vikes will take Teo?

There's the Vikes run stopper!

That would be really awesome for e raiders. I still secretly hope he falls to 23 .
    Lol......you turd.

That pick just made me laugh.

Crazy

Woooohoooooo. Big guy in the middle exactly what we need. Follow in the footsteps of Hank Thomas, Randle, Jerry Ball, KWill, Fat Pat

So -- it seems as if you like the pick! :-)

Someone falls every year. The Vikes do get their share I guess, Moss, Percy... but usually they pass too. SOD so far. I didn't believe it either.

Now Teo or the WR who can't spell his own name? I'm guessing, again, trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Lol......you turd.

That pick just made me laugh.

Crazy

Does Puff have a fantasy league for the BOTL?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast