Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

This is a discussion on NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone? within the Sports Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Anthony, I don't think they really gave up too much. The trade was within 10 point on the draft value ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Re: NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

Anthony, I don't think they really gave up too much. The trade was within 10 point on the draft value cart. Basically they swapped their low 2nd for a low 1st. They gave up a 3and a 4. The 7 is pretty much irrelevant. They still have 5 picks left, 4,5, 6 and 2- 7s and still have an extra 3rd next year from the harvin trade. More importantly they got 3 guys they really wanted rather than waiting to take what was left. The team has loads of upside now. They still have enough fire power to move around on day 2and 3 and filled 3of their 4 giant holes. They could still draft someone or sign a summer fa at MLB. It seems they have a solid starter or young guy with upside at nearly every position.

How they pan out is up in the air, of course, and Ponder will have 2013 to prove he is a starter, but for what they needed 5 hours ago they pretty much nailed it. This is the best draft I can remember them ever having.... I'm very excited even though I know it's all kind of a crapshoot.

Sorry, ipad post.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    Anthony, I don't think they really gave up too much. The trade was within 10 point on the draft value cart. Basically they swapped their low 2nd for a low 1st. They gave up a 3and a 4. The 7 is pretty much irrelevant. They still have 5 picks left, 4,5, 6 and 2- 7s and still have an extra 3rd next year from the harvin trade. More importantly they got 3 guys they really wanted rather than waiting to take what was left. The team has loads of upside now. They still have enough fire power to move around on day 2and 3 and filled 3of their 4 giant holes. They could still draft someone or sign a summer fa at MLB. It seems they have a solid starter or young guy with upside at nearly every position.

How they pan out is up in the air, of course, and Ponder will have 2013 to prove he is a starter, but for what they needed 5 hours ago they pretty much nailed it. This is the best draft I can remember them ever having.... I'm very excited even though I know it's all kind of a crapshoot.

Sorry, ipad post.
    I mostly agree, I just feel like we could have used that 3rd rounder. With the draft being so deep, we can still score someone good in rounds 4 and 5, but I would have liked them to have a chance at picking up one more steal late in the 2nd or 3rd.

Yes you are correct on it being the best draft in years but it also being a crap shoot, at the least, the vikings will be a force in Madden 25!
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    I mostly agree, I just feel like we could have used that 3rd rounder. With the draft being so deep, we can still score someone good in rounds 4 and 5, but I would have liked them to have a chance at picking up one more steal late in the 2nd or 3rd.

Yes you are correct on it being the best draft in years but it also being a crap shoot, at the least, the vikings will be a force in Madden 25!
    That's a good analogy-madden. I used to pull moves like this in madden all the time. They can still move into the 2nd I bet, but they shouldn't. There are rumors of trading gerhert too. He's probably worth a 4 and I don't think he's a great fit. Anyway they can still get some guys if they want them. Dans by is still a fa too so there are options. They need to draft a g, lb, maybe dl depth and possibly a punter. They can get all of that wih what they have.

That's a good analogy-madden. I used to pull moves like this in madden all the time. They can still move into the 2nd I bet, but they shouldn't. There are rumors of trading gerhert too. He's probably worth a 4 and I don't think he's a great fit. Anyway they can still get some guys if they want them. Dans by is still a fa too so there are options. They need to draft a g, lb, maybe dl depth and possibly a punter. They can get all of that wih what they have.
    I personally would like to see them move into the 3rd, maybe see if they can squeeze a little more out of Toby. We need LB like you said and Dansby would be a good fit, however, I still think we should bring in Honey Badger in a later round if he lasts that long, which he will by the looks of this years draft. Hes projected to land anywhere from rounds 4-6 right now.

EDIT:: Here is our dept addition in the DL area..
    http://thevikingage.com/2013/04/26/a...one-year-deal/
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

I saw that but never heard of him. They are pretty solid at De it would seem with Robison, griffin and the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    I personally would like to see them move into the 3rd, maybe see if they can squeeze a little more out of Toby. We need LB like you said and Dansby would be a good fit, however, I still think we should bring in Honey Badger in a later round if he lasts that long, which he will by the looks of this years draft. Hes projected to land anywhere from rounds 4-6 right now.

EDIT:: Here is our dept addition in the DL area..
    AP: Vikings sign DE Lawrence Jackson to One-Year Deal - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

I saw that but never heard of him. They are pretty solid at De it would seem with Robison, griffin and the big guy.
    Williams Robison and Allen are in contract years. Signing Jackson doesn't really help in that case unless its a "show me" (That Rick loves to give out) contract to line him up for a 3-5 year deal. Allen is making buco bucks this season at $17m so we aren't stacked for long unless we lock them all up.

Griffin is young and will have to produce but probably is in line for what Robison got a few years ago. Allen still has some years in him and will probably be extended (I hope). Robison will have to be reasonable or he is gone. That's all a problem for 2014 and Williams will be off the books then.

No longer a community member.

And we're off....

Yep! Left work early for it!

Surprised at the first rb pick.

Teo gone.

Interesting, geno to the Jets. Sanchez sits this season.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Geno to the Jets? What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Geno to the Jets? What is up with that?
    Crazy but a necessity. Sanchez and tebo ain't getting it done.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Crazy but a necessity. Sanchez and tebo ain't getting it done.
    No they aren't. Interesting pick. The media there will have a field day with this!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast