Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

This is a discussion on NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone? within the Sports Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I didn't want to mess up the Tavon Austin draft contest thread with my musings. I know there are probably ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

I didn't want to mess up the Tavon Austin draft contest thread with my musings. I know there are probably a million boards to discuss this on but, whatever.

Who is your team, who are they going to pick, what do you think of free agency and your prospects for 2013.

There is a rumor the Vikes might trade up to draft Teo. I have been watching this crap shoot since 1991 and I have never seen the Vikes move up with their first pick. My guess. The Vikes stand pat at 23 and take the best CB, DT, WR or LB available. Then they trade down from 25 to pick up some chips that will yield them 3-4 guys on day 2.

The Jets are sitting pretty. I would sit and wait for the inevitable BPA to drop right into their hands with both picks. Dee Milner? That big Star Lot.... DT? Maybe Austin. I guess I don't really know what the Jets need.

I would hate to be the top team in this years draft or any draft that didn't have a blue chip QB. LT and DE are great positions to take 2-5 (big fan of Matt Kahlil last year) but not to get a QB when you get the #1 overall must really suck. Granted Mia doesn't need one, but they have no leverage because no one wants to trade up to #1 to draft a T.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

No longer a community member.

Re: NFL/ NFL Draft Chat Anyone?

I'm gonna be watching the Lions and the Raiders (especially).

Love my Raiders and I'm excited for all this change, it's much needed and about time.

This draft won't make them a playoff team but this year will finally be a start in the right direction!

As I'm from Nebraska, I'm gonna really be watching who STEALS Rex Burkhead. This guy is a fricken workhorse and I just hope some team gives him a REAL chance to show what he can do.

The Raiders- yeah that has been quite a circus. For a while there you could always count on them to take the fastest guy available. I know that probably only really happened 2 or 3 times, but it seemed a real mess.

Then again, the Vikes may be worse. They sometimes draft and perform well but has anyone choked in more big games than the Vikes? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    I'm gonna be watching the Lions and the Raiders (especially).

Love my Raiders and I'm excited for all this change, it's much needed and about time.

This draft won't make them a playoff team but this year will finally be a start in the right direction!

As I'm from Nebraska, I'm gonna really be watching who STEALS Rex Burkhead. This guy is a fricken workhorse and I just hope some team gives him a REAL chance to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    The Raiders- yeah that has been quite a circus. For a while there you could always count on them to take the fastest guy available. I know that probably only really happened 2 or 3 times, but it seemed a real mess.

Then again, the Vikes may be worse. They sometimes draft and perform well but has anyone choked in more big games than the Vikes? I doubt it.
    Yea, we are finally getting rid of some old guys with huge contracts and over paid guys that simply didn't produce.

We traded Band-aid Palmer for Matt Flynn. I was hoping for Geno Smith but I'm curious as to how Flynn will preform.

I think its a smart move, If Flynn don't do well, theres next years draft with better QB talent available IMOP.

We are finally getting back to where we need to be financially and rebuilding. So excited.

Flynn should be more than servicable. He would have started for my Seahawks last year if Russell didn't turn out to be so awesome.

As for our draft. Since we gave up our 1 for Percy, I'd love to see us trade up to get hopefully Jarvis Jones late if he falls, which he won't.

The pundits say there could be 3 tackles in the top 5. That's interesting.

Looks like there is a lot of value in rounds 2,3 and 4.

I'm glad ESPN and NFL Network have agreed not to spoil picks before they are announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Flynn should be more than servicable. He would have started for my Seahawks last year if Russell didn't turn out to be so awesome.

As for our draft. Since we gave up our 1 for Percy, I'd love to see us trade up to get hopefully Jarvis Jones late if he falls, which he won't.
    Percy is better than 98% of the guys who are going to be drafted this weekend. As long as I had the cap space I'd trade a 1st rounder for a star every year if I was GM.

I think there might be quite a few teams trading out of the end of the first. Late 1st round QB run?

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    I didn't want to mess up the Tavon Austin draft contest thread with my musings. I know there are probably a million boards to discuss this on but, whatever.

Who is your team, who are they going to pick, what do you think of free agency and your prospects for 2013.

There is a rumor the Vikes might trade up to draft Teo. I have been watching this crap shoot since 1991 and I have never seen the Vikes move up with their first pick. My guess. The Vikes stand pat at 23 and take the best CB, DT, WR or LB available. Then they trade down from 25 to pick up some chips that will yield them 3-4 guys on day 2.

The Jets are sitting pretty. I would sit and wait for the inevitable BPA to drop right into their hands with both picks. Dee Milner? That big Star Lot.... DT? Maybe Austin. I guess I don't really know what the Jets need.

I would hate to be the top team in this years draft or any draft that didn't have a blue chip QB. LT and DE are great positions to take 2-5 (big fan of Matt Kahlil last year) but not to get a QB when you get the #1 overall must really suck. Granted Mia doesn't need one, but they have no leverage because no one wants to trade up to #1 to draft a T.
    I agree with you on everything here. As a fellow Vikes fan, I'd like to see them take Teo and then take a DT/DE CB or a big time WR. Do you read TheVikingAge.com at all?
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

I might have browsed it. I have been a member at KFAN Rube Chat for about a decade. A lot of juveniles and trolls over there but it is kind of home.

Anyway, bump for being a Vikes fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    I agree with you on everything here. As a fellow Vikes fan, I'd like to see them take Teo and then take a DT/DE CB or a big time WR. Do you read TheVikingAge.com at all?

Listen to all that hate for Goodell!!

Raiders turn!

Here come the raiders Josh.

Where is everyone?

I'm calling Floyd before it happens

They should trade down.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast