Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Football Fantasy League

This is a discussion on Football Fantasy League within the Sports Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I use ESPN because I have never had any issues with them. Fox and Yahoo always have problems it seems, ...

Re: Football Fantasy League

I use ESPN because I have never had any issues with them. Fox and Yahoo always have problems it seems, and ESPN has a great app for mobiles. As for setting I generally keep it pretty standard. 1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, K, and Def. No coaches, standard scoring, other than no negatives for INT or Fumbles, and double TD pts for a TD over 50 yards for everyone but Def. But if anyone has any suggestions I'm more than willing to make changes if a majority approves. Except during the season. changing settings can cause issues after opening day.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Sounds like Adam is taking charge.

Some of these sites that host Fantasy football are a real pain in the ass and confusing for new guys.

I will say that with the NFL, after 10-12 teams, it gets pretty hard and can get really boring.

Also, the way its set up can be confusing because you can set it up to get earn points in different ways.

I played on ESPN last year and they had points for coaches. Even though my team won, the other teams coach was better so he ended up getting more points and winning.

Some of these leagues can get pretty in depth and confusing.

If you guys want to keep it a little more simple or different then what Adam is putting up, let me know.

I'd still be willing to set this up.

Adam and Josh,

First thanks for being willing to do this. Together I am sure you will come up with something not too complex, but fun.
    A 5ver to play sounds great also.

It sounds like fun and I want in this year -- but it will be the first time I have ever done this. So the simpler the better from my perspective -- yet I will agree to what ever the group decides.

I am looking forward to some good fun with the BOTL! I will be watching for posts. And thanks again.

Michael

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I use ESPN because I have never had any issues with them. Fox and Yahoo always have problems it seems, and ESPN has a great app for mobiles. As for setting I generally keep it pretty standard. 1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, K, and Def. No coaches, standard scoring, other than no negatives for INT or Fumbles, and double TD pts for a TD over 50 yards for everyone but Def. But if anyone has any suggestions I'm more than willing to make changes if a majority approves. Except during the season. changing settings can cause issues after opening day.
    Sounds ok Adam. I've never liked espn, I've always used CBS but its ok, I will deal with it.

Please no more than 12 teams though.

Ain't much fun when you get 12+ teams and then some teams go and lock up 4 starting qb's, or rbs and then the other teams can't even fill their roster.

I just assume quit in the middle of the season if you can't even get a starting qb.

Yeah 12 is the max. Last year we had two 10-team, I think.

Yeah 12 is the max. Last year we had two 10-team, I think.
    I was in a 14 or 16 team league last year and had problems finding a starting qb after mine was out due to injury.

Sucked.

I'd have won the league had it not been for that.

My buddy was in a 16 team league, but what they did was if your QB gets hurt you're automatically awarded the backup and his points.

I got stuck with gabbert and Skelton last year after mine had gone down.

Fail

Ew...

Adam is the man when it comes to the FF Comish role. I have enjoyed his league over the past couple years.

Hey thanks Keith. Now if I could just win one...

I have commished in another yahoo league for 8 years now. Made it to the dance twice but fell short...as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by quincy627 View Post
    I have commished in another yahoo league for 8 years now. Made it to the dance twice but fell short...as usual!
    You guys ever try NCAA football?

It's a blast.......

I have not. Way too many players for me to keep an eye on...

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

I'd be down with ESPN. I use it every year and have no complaints.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

I have not. Way too many players for me to keep an eye on...
    It's so much fun.

I like it because of the fact that there are so many players, you really have to do some homework to actually win.

Unlike the NFL where you can pretty much instantly know whos going to be "The Man", its more of a challenge.

Sure there are some really great players that you can count on but there are also a lot of guys that are sleepers or no name guys in smaller conferences that can really put up points.

It's so much fun to study it a little and have it pay off.

With the NFL, If your Ray Rice or AP gets hurt..........it's pretty much impossible to find another RB that can put up the same numbers. That's also where NCAA leagues are different.

You should give it a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2