Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Football Fantasy League

This is a discussion on Football Fantasy League within the Sports Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Does Puff have a fantasy football league? I have no idea how they work, but if there is any interest ...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Question Football Fantasy League

Does Puff have a fantasy football league? I have no idea how they work, but if there is any interest I'll be glad to research it if one doesn't exist?

No longer a community member.

Re: Football Fantasy League

I'd be game as long as the stakes aren't to high and there's not to many teams

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

It always sounded like fun but it might be too much of a time investment for me. Maybe.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

We can make it however we want. I wasn't thinking of high stakes -- do you understand fantasy football or should I research it?

I know all about it. I love It!

Well then -- let's see if we can get one going with the BOTL! There seems to be an interest in football and I think we would all have a good time interacting. What do we have to do to set a league up?

First of all.......NCAA or NFL?

I can work through details tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    It always sounded like fun but it might be too much of a time investment for me. Maybe.
    Get yourself a gordo and settle in. You could do the league while you enjoy sending a large relaxing, pleasing armoa to heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post

I would personally prefer NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post

Thank you for your help!

I've started a couple leagues here for the last few years. Usually get two full leagues with entry being a 5er. I generally start the thread in Late may/early June to get as many people as possible. So keep an eye out!

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

I think this would be a good idea. Everyone can pay in $5 or so and the winner can use the money to buy whatever cigars he/she wants or we can all mail in a stick or two that are worth $8-$15 as singles and see what the spoils are.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

When I say a 5er I don't mean $5, I mean a 5er of sticks. Usual payout for a 12 team league is 7-4-1. I've had people include stuff from 5 Vegas to Opus. Usually a pretty wide variety which generally gives the winners a good sampler of stuff to try that they haven't had before. I've also included some bonuses along with the winnings. A 5er isn't too much but it adds up when you win. Give you something to shoot for. Always fun. Plus it means a full or close to full draft room and plenty of chatter during.

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    When I say a 5er I don't mean $5, I mean a 5er of sticks. Usual payout for a 12 team league is 7-4-1. I've had people include stuff from 5 Vegas to Opus. Usually a pretty wide variety which generally gives the winners a good sampler of stuff to try that they haven't had before. I've also included some bonuses along with the winnings. A 5er isn't too much but it adds up when you win. Give you something to shoot for. Always fun. Plus it means a full or close to full draft room and plenty of chatter during.
    Gotcha. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to get in on this.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Sounds like Adam is taking charge.

Some of these sites that host Fantasy football are a real pain in the ass and confusing for new guys.

I will say that with the NFL, after 10-12 teams, it gets pretty hard and can get really boring.

Also, the way its set up can be confusing because you can set it up to get earn points in different ways.

I played on ESPN last year and they had points for coaches. Even though my team won, the other teams coach was better so he ended up getting more points and winning.

Some of these leagues can get pretty in depth and confusing.

If you guys want to keep it a little more simple or different then what Adam is putting up, let me know.

I'd still be willing to set this up.
    Last edited by huskers; 04-26-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast