Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IPhone Q: Is a Screen Protector Necessary?

This is a discussion on IPhone Q: Is a Screen Protector Necessary? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I just got an Iphone 3GS and AT&T talked me into a case and protective screen cover. I paid extra ...

IPhone Q: Is a Screen Protector Necessary?

I just got an Iphone 3GS and AT&T talked me into a case and protective screen cover. I paid extra for a nicer, anti-glare screen protector and it bubbles, and generally looks tacky. I am ready to tear this thing off.
    Any advice? If you are for a screen cover, can you name a good brand please.
    Thanks!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.Wonka

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: IPhone Q: Is a Screen Protector Necessary?

I never used any of these protectors for my 3G but a buddy got it for his Pre and it had bubbles in the beginning as well. I think it needs a few hours/couple days to become bubble free.

I got mine now for a year, dropped it several times and the screen is pretty much prestine (no case either).
    It has scratches on the back though.

Wife dropped hers once and has a scratch of an inch.

Good decision on the protection, give it a few more days.

Easier without the hat. Bigtotoro's Avatar

Unless you want it to be all scratchy looking in six months, you need a screen protector. Before applying, get yourself a nice lint free cloth and clean the dust off the screen. Once it is clean, apply carefully. Then take your thumbnail and slowly push out all the bubbles, inside to out. Then PUT IT DOWN for a couple of hours (do this before bed) and let it adhere. Once that is done, you can clean periodically with the same lint free cloth. You will probably want to replace every year or so.

I have no use for RG.

thanks for the reply fellas. I had to tear the old one off because it was bubbling and peeling off on one corner. I am going to look for a different brand cover and try again.

I've tried several for many of my phones over the years, but I really like the InvisibleShield from zagg.com. It is better, and clearer, than any other protector I've tried. Just be very patient and slow with the application. And let it dry for a couple days. The haze will clear up, and the smaller bubbles will go away.

Puffer Fish with some spikes lwleaver's Avatar

I second the invisible shield. It is the best protector made. It was originally designed to protect helicopter blades from sand, rocks, etc..

They now have a booth outside of the Apple store at KoP mall. Brilliant.

You can usually get a 3-pack of screen protectors on ebay for less $0.50 shipped from HK. I've won several auctions at $0.11, $0.25, $0.33 shipped.

Puffer Fish with some spikes phisch's Avatar

Invisible Shield FTW. If it's good enough for helicopter blades, it's good enough for the iPhone.
    i've had mine applied for over a year.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughrider View Post
    You can usually get a 3-pack of screen protectors on ebay for less $0.50 shipped from HK. I've won several auctions at $0.11, $0.25, $0.33 shipped.
    Yep... I got a 3 pack, Buy It Now @ 99 cents... It did however take almost 2 weeks for them to ship from HK.

It's all in the application process with the bubbles... Patience Daniel San!!!

Full grown Puffer Fish CajunMaduro's Avatar

A must have. TOO LATE = TOO BAD

Puffer Fish with some spikes jerseyjay's Avatar

Eric,

I have to second ZAGG recommendation ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I had it on my iPhone 3G, have it on my new 3Gs and Ipod Classic. Bullet proof !

ok guys, its been like 3 1/2 months and I've gone skinless on my new iphone without a scratch. This thing is really quite impervious. I know the smartest thing would be to slap another protective film on it, but I'm gonna guinea pig myself here and continue to go naked. It looks and feels so much better. (forgive the double entendre). I'll let you know how it goes, especially if I experience catastrophic cracky-doo

When I first bought mine I went with a leather case and a mirror screen protector from some online retailer who's name I have forgotten. That lasted about a month and I went naked. No problems since. I've dropped it three times - twice on gravel and once on a concrete floor. My screen is flawless still, the only scratches I have are on the back from carrying it in my front pocket.

The 1st year I carried a iphone I kept a protector on it like it was a cheap whore. I broke the switch on it and had to take it to an Apple store, they gave me a new phone and didnt have any protectors in stock. The honest man at the counter said they were not necessary and told me not to worry bout it. Thats been over a year ago, and not a scratch on the screen.
    The only thing I wont go without is a good rubber case, I have seen alot of cracked screens from them being dropped.

Leading Puffer Fish

Otterbox, Otterbox, Otterbox! The best case for any phones!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast