Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Mafia Wars slows my computer down....

This is a discussion on Mafia Wars slows my computer down.... within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My computer is by no means the most advanced but it seems to be working great on every site or ...

Mafia Wars slows my computer down....

My computer is by no means the most advanced but it seems to be working great on every site or whatever Im doing until I statr to play Mafia Wars and then it acts like it processing thru cold syrup.

Any thoghts?

Thanks In Advance
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF:Because the rest of us think you're an idiot.

www.teamslowpitch.com RobustBrad's Avatar

Re: Mafia Wars slows my computer down....

How much ram are you running?

SCUBA Chimp

Open the TASK MANAGER (ctl-alt-del...then choose task manager)

Go to the performance tab

Minimize the window (don't close it)

Run your game.

When things slow down, restore the task manager window, and you will see a history for the past few minutes.

If your CPU is maxed out, then you don't have enough horse powerand can't fix the problem without upgrading to a newer processor. If you have a multi -core processor and ONE of your cores maxes out, then you're maxed out (only multi-threaded programs can utilize multiple cores). Various actions will cause your CPU to spike, but is should not sustain that level long term.

On the bottom, you will see memory utilization. If line is running on the top end of the graph, then you need more memory. Ideally, it shouldn't run more than 1/2 to 3/4 utilization.

Isn't Mafia Wars flash based? If you're using a Mac that could be the problem. Adobe Flash doesn't run very well on Mac OS.

If you're using Windows, press the start bar, press RUN, and type in MSCONFIG. Go to the start up tab and see how many programs you have running at start up. Uncheck any that you aren't using, and reboot. I also recommend going to filehippo.com and downloading CCLeaner, it's free. Run that and clean all your browser history and registry issues. Hope this helps brother.

Young Puffer Fish italianxmna89's Avatar

i never seem to have a problem with mafia wars. farmville is usually rough on resources when im harvesting, plowing,planting. i would say the browser you use also has a lot to do with it