Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

iPad, anyone going to buy?

This is a discussion on iPad, anyone going to buy? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Installing OS X on the ipad is a little extreme, doubtful even possible in the future. The Ipad would need ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes carguy13's Avatar

Re: iPad, anyone going to buy?

Installing OS X on the ipad is a little extreme, doubtful even possible in the future.

The Ipad would need more memory / processor to handle the OS...unless you could create another version, like an OS X light? ...even if you could hammer down all the driver issues, it would require disassembly of the unit and modification.

that being said, i'm sure drivers will come out for some of it. i would think someone would put Linux on it before OS X.

...i would save your self the trouble and get an HP Slate...it already works.

So has anyone bought it yet??

Full grown Puffer Fish ShortyStogie's Avatar

Yup... apparently some 600-700k people have... Don't understand it... *shakes head.

I still want one though!

-SS

Young Puffer Fish Giantsbran1227's Avatar

Na waste of money.

ima wait til they come out with another one, so what ever issues this one has, i can get one that has less.....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CaptainJeebes's Avatar

i dunno about the ipad... but i like the power of this blender!

YouTube - Will It Blend? - iPad

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJeebes View Post
    i dunno about the ipad... but i like the power of this blender!

YouTube - Will It Blend? - iPad
    haha! thats great!, there was one on youtube i used to watch religiously. i think it was called "can you microwave this?"

wish they would get ahold of one.

Waterlogged Puffer Fish Ducrider's Avatar

I'd love a device like this if it worked more like a tablet PC. As is, its a glorified iphone without cell network connectivity at launch -- I don't get it.

I also expect more from a device this size and this expensive. I don't need my phone to multi task, but I would expect something like this to. Give me multitasking, a 160GB iPod drive, 3G connectivity, and a stylus so I can take notes at a meeting, and I'd be all over it.

hell, just give it usb ports, a webcam, and a much larger hard drive.....and i might waste my money on it then...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I'm usually the guy who goes out and buys all of the new stuff that comes out but lately I wait til all of the bugs are worked out and then I get what I want. They need to add a camera on this thing and a better keyboard but they are on the right track. It's like all of the cameras that have come out. I waited for the "right" camera,,,, Olympus SP-800UZ 14MP Digital Camera with 30x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0 inch LCD and tons more stuff that this thing does for $299 while other such cameras with the same or less go for twice that amount. Sometimes it's the smart thing to wait for good technology. Conversely I bought a Mitsubishi 52 inch big screen years ago and paid the thru the nose and now they are half the price.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CaptainJeebes's Avatar

I wish the iPad were smaller and made calls, or that it folded up and had a keyboard attached.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJeebes View Post
    I wish the iPad were smaller and made calls, or that it folded up and had a keyboard attached.

Maturing Puffer Fish Yellowfever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s_vivo View Post
    So has anyone bought it yet??

I bought 2 the day they came out. One for me and one for my girlfriends 11 yr old daughter for getting goods grades. I love it. How much? Well I bought the top of the line Sony laptop with bluray about a year ago. It hasn't been turned on since I got the iPad.

What do I do with it? I use the web, check email, read books from amazon and iBook store. Right now reading Liars Poker. Get the wall street journal that I download in then am and read at work. I'm on it right now. Why is it better than my expensive Sony? Well it turns on and off instantly. It doesn't crash ( FU bill gates) I can have it on my lap in bed without it getting so hot it burns my
    legs. The screen is absolutely beautiful. Did I mention it doesn't crash and bill gates sucks?

I love it so much I am giving this one to my girlfriend when the 3G comes out. I just bought this one because I couldn't wait for the 3G. I'm not a fanboy. I don't own an apple computer. But I respect Jobs for being an absolute marketing genius. Nobody here can deny that.

Maturing Puffer Fish Yellowfever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    I'm usually the guy who goes out and buys all of the new stuff that comes out but lately I wait til all of the bugs are worked out and then I get what I want. They need to add a camera on this thing and a better keyboard but they are on the right track. It's like all of the cameras that have come out. I waited for the "right" camera,,,, Olympus SP-800UZ 14MP Digital Camera with 30x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0 inch LCD and tons more stuff that this thing does for $299 while other such cameras with the same or less go for twice that amount. Sometimes it's the smart thing to wait for good technology. Conversely I bought a Mitsubishi 52 inch big screen years ago and paid the thru the nose and now they are half the price.
    It's kind of big to be a camera.

Full grown Puffer Fish ShortyStogie's Avatar

Just gonna throw out my 2 cents...

I held and used it for the first time yesterday... Meh...

It was awesome to hold and use.... No doubt. And the screen is glorious. What an experience using it!

However, I can't, for the life of me, figure out why I would buy one. I like reading, and I read a ton, but I can't imagine reading on this device.

For business stuff, my laptop is idea, as for my purposes I do need some processing power and multi-tasking.

It makes a ton of sense if you're a casual browser, and use email and facebook. Other than that, for any sort of use that is more intensive than just that, this device makes absolutely no sense.

Having said that, I'm probably gonna buy one because, as I love to unabashedly admit, I'm a complete fanboy!

-Fauzi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast