Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

iPad, anyone going to buy?

This is a discussion on iPad, anyone going to buy? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hmm even though I love my gadgets don't think I am going to buy it. Just something else that I ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: iPad, anyone going to buy?

Hmm even though I love my gadgets don't think I am going to buy it. Just something else that I really won't use except for playing really. I can't find anything that I need it for really, just a gadget. And my wife would kill me, just what I need another gadget ha ha ha
    If WalMart is lowering prices daily, how come nothing in the store is free yet?

Maturing Puffer Fish

I bought one. Impulse buy the day it came out. I really do like it, but for some reason, I'm kinda disappointed in it as well. Ive been carrying my netbook with me alot. Since I got the iPad, not so much. I plan on getting the camera transfer kit when it comes out in a week or so. Screen is amazing. On the downside, wifi performance isn't that good. I bought it when I was out of town and I never had problems when using it on my brother's wifi network, but I get lots of drops and freezes at home. I guess this is common when using it on a non-Airport Extreme network setup (I even read some universities are banning the iPad on their networks because of the wifi problems affecting the network). And the iphone OS, while amazing, just feels underwhelming on this. This could have ran a striped down version of OSX or even a hybrid OSX/iPhone OS, but I feel this will be less of a problem the more iPad specific apps that are developed.

I love my iPhone, but I don't think I'll buy an iPad. I've used one and just didn't feel too connected to it. It just didn't feel right in my hands.

I smell cigar, not fish.

I have one and its "ok". If it had a full OS on it, I'd probably love it. But its just a simple tool at the moment.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4