Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

iPad, anyone going to buy?

This is a discussion on iPad, anyone going to buy? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just saw the announcement from Steve Jobs about the iPad. Was curious if anyone thought they might pick one up, ...

Leading Puffer Fish

iPad, anyone going to buy?

Just saw the announcement from Steve Jobs about the iPad. Was curious if anyone thought they might pick one up, with pricing starting at $499, it's not too pricey. I'm sure I'll end up with one, but I'm a tech nerd. And darn proud of it!!!

JGD

Re: iPad, anyone going to buy?

I kind of want one....... But, I can think of better things to do with the $500 since I already have a MacBook and an Iphone.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jadeg001 View Post
    I kind of want one....... But, I can think of better things to do with the $500 since I already have a MacBook and an Iphone.
    You know that was my first thought too, I have an older 15" MacBook pro and love it, and I always have my iPhone on me. Who knows I'm sure I'll get the itch and just buy one.

Jim, How's the AT&T coverage near you?

JGD

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnSmokes View Post
    You know that was my first thought too, I have an older 15" MacBook pro and love it, and I always have my iPhone on me. Who knows I'm sure I'll get the itch and just buy one.

Jim, How's the AT&T coverage near you?
    Its not bad at all. I seem to drop calls alot with two of my friends in particular- but usually no problems.

After reading more about it..... If I can buy my law books at the ibookstore and there is a highlighter tool then i might get it. I'd have to see how much the books would cost and if most of them are available. If that's the case then my back and wallet might be very happy.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jadeg001 View Post
    Its not bad at all. I seem to drop calls alot with two of my friends in particular- but usually no problems.

After reading more about it..... If I can buy my law books at the ibookstore and there is a highlighter tool then i might get it. I'd have to see how much the books would cost and if most of them are available. If that's the case then my back and wallet might be very happy.
    I can see how that would help. It looked like the regular novels were around $15 when they showed the screen shots during the presentation. I don't know about textbooks.

JGD

I have a feeling they will still be expensive. However, with most of my books costing around $150, if the price of them would go down to $50 then the cost of the iPad would pay for itself in one semester.

JGD

I am curious to see how long and to what extent the ibookstore will catch on. For instance will it ever be like the iTunes store where as soon as a new song is released it appears on iTunes?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

Ill admit - Im considering it..

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger by the second. Like Jim said, if I can buy my textbooks through Ibook, it's a done deal.
    i hate waiting 5-21 business days!

I'm thinking about it, will continue to read up on it.
    Fight the Resistance. Join the SOUL EDGE Army.

I've got a desktop, laptop, netbook, BlackBerry, iPod, and Kindle. So I'm covered without it.

Full grown Puffer Fish pomorider's Avatar

I probably will end up having one some where down the road.

Give it a year or so and I might buy one. I want to see how the bookstore turns out as that might be the primary reason I'd buy one.

I'll admit that I was somewhat disapointed even though I knew this would a tablet. It's not as revolutionary as the ipod or the iphone were when they were released.

Won't start a flame war, but while I love the hardware, I hate the Apple's approach to software. So, I won't be buying one.

yea. ima get one,could be around may or so unless i decide to spring for a new macbook instead. then it will be christmas time or so. i would get the 64 gig. but if you get the 3g.... is it going to be a big cell phone? lol. j/k....... that would be crazy. lol.
    Last edited by gibson_es; 01-28-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast