Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Question for College Students/Recent Grads

This is a discussion on Question for College Students/Recent Grads within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Well... Im an engineering student and I have a $2500 18.4" HP laptop. I bought it to run the high ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Surfer24's Avatar

Re: Question for College Students/Recent Grads

Well... Im an engineering student and I have a $2500 18.4" HP laptop.
    I bought it to run the high output demanding CAD programs, and multitasking with multiple documents open on the screen at the same time (and for some gaming ). I dont have much issues carrying it around but then again im kinda a strong kid (All Conference lacrosse defender in high school) but if they arent in a engineering field or something similar, its not worth it.
    I would stay away from ACER as well. Unless you bought it from best buy or another retailer with their own warranty. and do not buy a mac, you are wasting your money on all show and no go.
    As far as specs go, a 15" screen seems like the best all around choice between portability and function. Ive tried using a friends 10"er and i found it really irritating to type and view the screen.
    For a laptop of this size and decent hardware, i wouldnt spend a dollar more than $1000

I'm just posting to say, if the class doesn't involve use of CAD and other gfx programs, look at a netbook, for sure. The one I have is excellent.
    Maduro all the way!I love coffee!
    Nubs all the way!

No longer a community member.

yeah surfer added the few things i forgot :]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3