Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Web Site Weirdness

This is a discussion on Web Site Weirdness within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've noticed some weirdness when I visit the cbid and CI web sites lately and I'm wondering if it's just ...

US Air Force, Retired jimrockford's Avatar

Web Site Weirdness

I've noticed some weirdness when I visit the cbid and CI web sites lately and I'm wondering if it's just something with my machine or if others have seen the same things. When I first load the CI web site, none of the menus or buttons work. I have to click on one of the text links lower on the page and when that page loads, everything starts working. On cbid, I have to log in constantly and although I can bid and such, it never seems to keep me logged in.

Anyone else seen any of this?

And, no, I'm not having problems with other web sites.

Puffer Fish with many spikes dyieldin's Avatar

Re: Web Site Weirdness

Sounds like you turn cookies totally off. Could be the site but I do not see that.

I guess I should have done some basic troubleshooting before posting. I tried both sites in IE and they work fine, but I noticed CI has some pop up ads and a script that folds back the current page up in the corner to show a special deal. I'm using Firefox and AdBlock Plus was blocking those elements. It seems that hosed up the whole page so none of the scripts would run correctly.

I added exceptions in the format @@|URL to AdBlock and they're both working fine now.

Puffer Fish with many spikes dyieldin's Avatar

Another happy customer!

I shot them an email a couple weeks ago about the issue (Adblock disabling the upper-right side of their home page). Customer service wrote me that they passed it along but seems to have been ignored. Not surprised, I guess. Technically it's not a bug.

Nice to see I'm not the only one that noticed it. Did you add an exception to AdBlock or just live with it?

Quote Originally Posted by jimrockford View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only one that noticed it. Did you add an exception to AdBlock or just live with it?
    Didn't mess with the rules, I just disabled Adblock on CI. It was driving me crazy though. Took me a couple hours to figure out what the problem was (after a few weeks of dealing with the issue, when I finally decided to try and figure out what was wrong).