Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

PP Question

This is a discussion on PP Question within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've been selling a few things on PP recently but I have a question... Is there anyway to ensure people ...

JGD

PP Question

I've been selling a few things on PP recently but I have a question...

Is there anyway to ensure people cannot "cancel payment"?

For instance, I have read on a couple threads that people have bought cigars, then once they received the cigars they were able to get their money back. I just want to figure out how this can be stopped. Anyone know?

Re: PP Question

no there is not the only thing you can do, is make sure you ship with dc and take pictures of what you shipped......lets say you sold me 10 Ashtons I dont want to pay so I take a picture of some crumbled up dog rockets and file a dispute with PP my experience with PP is the buyer has more rights than the seller. Try having the buyer send funds as a "gift" youll not have to pay fees and I dont "believe" that can be disputed.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeg001 View Post
    I've been selling a few things on PP recently but I have a question...

Is there anyway to ensure people cannot "cancel payment"?

For instance, I have read on a couple threads that people have bought cigars, then once they received the cigars they were able to get their money back. I just want to figure out how this can be stopped. Anyone know?
    The only thing I'm aware of is the gift option. There is no fee for you to receive funds this way and since no merchandise is trading hands (in the eyes of pp) the payor can't claim they didn't receive what they paid for, which is how they are doing what you described.

I'll add that since you can't sell tobacco products through pp, those transactions might have been difficult for the seller to resolve—if someone is willing to lie there's not much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by rob51461 View Post
    no there is not the only thing you can do, is make sure you ship with dc and take pictures of what you shipped......lets say you sold me 10 Ashtons I dont want to pay so I take a picture of some crumbled up dog rockets and file a dispute with PP my experience with PP is the buyer has more rights than the seller. Try having the buyer send funds as a "gift" youll not have to pay fees and I dont "believe" that can be disputed.
    pp doesn't allow tobacco product sales—if they find out someone is doing that they will cancel their account.

Quote Originally Posted by bazookajoe View Post
    pp doesn't allow tobacco product sales—if they find out someone is doing that they will cancel their account.
    thanks for the info

JGD

Thanks for the answers guys. This is for selling my Disney Vacation Points, and while it's easy to trust someone on this forum, I get nervous when dealing with people who I have no connection to whatsoever.

tube audio, cigars, booze ke4mcl's Avatar

PP sucks if you're a seller. the buyer wins out in most every dispute even the ones that are obviously scammers. the "i didnt receive it" scam can be circumvented with a signature requirement on shipping. the problem is you get into the latest scam.... item not as described and they ship you back a pet rock, submit proof of shipment, and you're out merchandise and money.

this is why i quit ebay after 10 years of strong sales, because of PP.

i suggest check or MO and item ships when check clears. just the intention that you wont ship till payment clears is enough of a deterrent for scammers to not even bother and move along.