Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Caller ID thru my TV and Computer

This is a discussion on Caller ID thru my TV and Computer within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I finally did it...I am now one of the laziest people on earth as I just subscribed to the Caller ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Caller ID thru my TV and Computer

I finally did it...I am now one of the laziest people on earth as I just subscribed to the Caller ID Service for free ( as long as you are a Comcast customer with their Triple Play services,,,TV , Internet and Phone ) and now I can sit on my butt watching the TV and if the phone rings I can see who is calling while watching TV or if I am on the laptop I it comes thru my computer as well. The way things are going the only time I will need to get up is to eat and use the toilet and I've solved the eating issue...the wife will serve me on my recliner couch. That only leaves me to do my other "business" in a bag and then I can just become a total vegetable.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Re: Caller ID thru my TV and Computer

Sounds like you need a recliner like the one in Idiocracy.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

I had the triple play but dropped the phone because on calls over 5 min would get dropped. but at the same time I have talking caller id on my phones so I can know whos calling when in the reading room

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I hear ya Rob...I'm just too lazy to get out of the recliner to see who is calling...guess I could bring the phone and sit it on the end table but that would require me getting up and getting the phone. Sheeeesh...I should start a contest to see when I keel over from being brain dead. Of course the wife would have to make good on the contest to send out the winning cigars.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Mr_Black's Avatar

I have never been a fan of land lines, I personaly have 2 cell phones, one of which is for work and the other my personal. Though if I were doing some kind of work out of my house then that may warrent having a land line of some kind. But personaly I think I would go with a VOiP service like Vonage or Skype.