Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Computer Recommendations

This is a discussion on Computer Recommendations within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by BHS Not 100% true but for the most part compared to Windows, MACs are less readily exploited. ...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Computer Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by BHS View Post
    Not 100% true but for the most part compared to Windows, MACs are less readily exploited. Windows 7 is incredibly reliable though. I haven't had a virus in years and I use a Windows computer all day everyday....

Neowin.net - A history of viruses on the Mac

Knowing about what to do and not to do and also where not to go is paramount to not getting them.

Avast is an excellent free AV program. Don't waste money on buying AV whatever you do!
    I had avast the Pay version which is better than the free. I didn't like it and it uses a lot of system resources. Slows the computer down, i have also had. Mcfee better but still a pain in the arse. I have Norton now and i gotta say its the best so far.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BHS View Post
    Not 100% true but for the most part compared to Windows, MACs are less readily exploited. Windows 7 is incredibly reliable though. I haven't had a virus in years and I use a Windows computer all day everyday....

http://www.neowin.net/news/a-history-of-viruses-on-the-mac

Knowing about what to do and not to do and also where not to go is paramount to not getting them.

Avast is an excellent free AV program. Don't waste money on buying AV whatever you do!
    Mmmm, one short page on Mac virus history? I bet an encyclopedia could be written on the history of Win-Doze viruses! With Macs you can basically run them without anti-virus software which is great since this type of software does a job on slowing down a computer and will eventually lead to habitual hard drive thrashing and other issues. About the only time you might need it (on a Mac) is if you think that your computer could be a specific target for some reason.
    "I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Mac all the way. If your into downloading alot such as movies song ext then mac is def. The way to go.

JGD

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    Mmmm, one short page on Mac virus history? I bet an encyclopedia could be written on the history of Win-Doze viruses! With Macs you can basically run them without anti-virus software which is great since this type of software does a job on slowing down a computer and will eventually lead to habitual hard drive thrashing and other issues. About the only time you might need it (on a Mac) is if you think that your computer could be a specific target for some reason.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. Plus, like half of the modern ones (2000-Current) involved opening/ downloading things that you should realize have risks (****, pirated software, random unknown files).

Full grown Puffer Fish

I just got my Dell today and I am impressed so far. Hopefully this keeps up! I like the display, layout, etc. all in all, a good buy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2