Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what cell phone company do you use?

This is a discussion on what cell phone company do you use? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; looking at new phones but cant decide on what carrier to use (my contract with ATT expired a couple of ...

Newbie in the ocean

what cell phone company do you use?

looking at new phones but cant decide on what carrier to use (my contract with ATT expired a couple of years ago so i can switch to anyone).

anyone in the NY area use T-mobile? if the 'HTC Desire HD' comes to them i will probably jump all over it, but im uncertain how their reception is. it would be sorta like buying a ferrari but finding out you have have to drive 30mph everywhere. LOL

ATT is ok, but im afraid if i get a new smartphone (iphone maybe) their service will suck...and everyone i know with an iphone complains about them.

everyone keeps saying verizon has the best service, but i not a big fan of any of their phones. theyre also CDMA, and since i travel most of their phones are useless overseas. their world phone selection is pretty scarce right now. maybe wait till january to see if verizon will get the iphone since thats what everyone is saying?

any opinions are appreciated.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: what cell phone company do you use?

I have had Att ,Cingular, Verizon, Sprint, they all were good in the begining always a problem near the end. I have had Nextel for 1 1/2 years i got a 2 year contract with them. I love the walkie talkie i can honestly say they are the best so far. I will be renewing my contract in 6 months. Unless something terrible goes wrong with them between now and then.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I've had Verizon for the past 4 years. I don't have too many issues with service, even in rural East Texas.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Mr. Slick's Avatar

I have had Sprint for several years and everything was fine until I moved into my new house last year. The phone works fine everywhere except at home. If Sprint still gave a $.25 credit for dropped calls like they used to they would end up owing me money at the end of the month. Thats how bad the reception is. I will be switching to Verison soon.
    Why am I wasting my time talking to an A-hole like you when I could be doing something much more dangerous... like rearrageing my humidor.

Puffer Fish with many spikes CaptainBlenderman's Avatar

I've used T-Mobile ever since they were VoiceStream Wireless (8 years or so). Their customer service has never done me wrong (can't stand Verizon's) and has been top-rated by J.D. Power & Associates for several years running. There are some limitations in coverage but I've never had a problem for the places I travel to. Reception is always good, I have occasional network errors and dropped calls, but nothing too irritating. Their phones are decent, though there tends to be a bit less selection compared to their competitors. However, these days all of the carriers have toned things down quite a bit so they all have their limitations. My contract was up this year so I went hunting and talking with the other carriers...just came back to T-Mobile in the end like I always do. No sense in busting up a good thing...

Maturing Puffer Fish Consigliere's Avatar

I have seriously been with all the major ones, Verizon, Sprint/Nextel & At&t and have to say that At&t have been the best by far for me. I'm an admitted "gadget" guy so I like new phones so At&t getting some of the newest phones helps at times (no I'm not an iphone guy, I'm a Blackberry guy!) but their customer service has always been great when I needed to deal with them, whether in person or on the phone, with Verizon I'd be waiting forever in person in a store & Nextel wasn't much better. Calling them I can't comment on because I tried not too because I saw how they dealt with customers in person so I never wanted to wait like that on the phone but the times I did call Verizon was about the same. The coverage, I'm originally from PA, now in SW Florida, I'm almost always on 3G only dropping to the EDGE network when I'm really out away from things so at least for me, the "more bars in more places" rings true.
    "Hey Gris, if you're not doing anything constructive, run into the living room and get my stogey." Θ Ξ

I've had Sprint for 8 years now, theyre pretty good.

Been with Cellular South for 13yrs.

They got decent phones, but the best coverage on the gulf coast.

Scotch & Cigars

Metro PCS!! $40 a month, unlimited text, talk, web! Does everything I need and I have never lost a call.

Ive had Verizon,Nextel/Sprint and now ATT and its the best service Ive ever had. Lost 1 call in the last6 yrs and that was in an elevator.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Yamaha53's Avatar

Been with ATT for 4 years, 5 phones, all the bells and whistles. Never had a problem with calls, service etc.

ATT for the win!

Fia

I guess it depends on where you live. Some service is better than others.

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I guess it depends on where you live. Some service is better than others.
    that's definitely true.

I've been w/ Altell, now Verizon for 4 years now. Here they have the best all around service. However @ work I often have to go outside to use my phone and it's hit and miss. Might have a hard time finding a signal to call, text or use the internet. I can text inside sometimes but it's a hassle while ATT users can use the web, talk and text right in the break room. Which has had me considering ATT but I'm also locked in w/ my Altell plan so it's nice having 12 My Circle numbers in the event I need them. When I was engaged I was using over 2k min a month plus TONS of texts. As far as pricing is concerned it seems Verizon and ATT are about the same. However ATT has a cap on the data use where Verizon still runs an unlimited for the same price. Anyway despite the one problem I have w/ Verizon, which is at work, they do have the best service here. Plus since Verizon has taken they've added a few towers and are definitely tryng to provide the most vast, and best service out here in the Middle of nowhere. However I wasnt happy w/ their Customer service a few months ago when I asked to upgrade to a Driod X a whole 5 days early because it was on backorder for 3 weeks. They were all too happy to let me order on a 2year plan, ran me through me the order even though I stated only one year so @ the end when she gave me the price after placing the order I said I only want a 1 year deal so they refused. To this date I still have my Storm 2. thought that was BS. Especially since the phone wouldn't even be available for another 3 weeks...

Plus this year Verizon added the NFL Network so for $10 a month Vcast subscription gets me NFL Network Live, Redzone, and Thursday, Sun and Mon night games. Since I can't get NFL Network through Charter it's nice being able to have this through Verizon for NFL Network, the Redzone on Sundays and Thursdays games. Plus it's nice being able to watch it outside while I'm enjoying a cigar. that's a big PLUS for me.

I have ATT...only for the iPhone. Service is questionable in my area, bigger cities are no problem at all though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast