Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Computer/Receiver hook up

This is a discussion on Computer/Receiver hook up within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by rob51461 Great now where do I plug it into the orange "out" or the green speaker?? On ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Mr_Black's Avatar

Re: Computer/Receiver hook up

Quote Originally Posted by rob51461 View Post
    Great now where do I plug it into the orange "out" or the green speaker??
    On the back of your computer there should be an Orange RCA looking connector. That is your digital audio output. Then on your receiver there should be a similar connector, that would be your input. But before making the trip out to the store look at both or send a pic of the back of both the verify.

Ok I just looked at the back of my receiver and found the ports. Theres alot of them on there. Would that be better than the mini to rca??

Ok I just looked at the back of my receiver and found the ports. Theres alot of them on there. Would that be better than the mini to rca??
    Yes, The Digital Coax sends a true 5.1 Dolby Digital source. The RCA to Mini will not send anything seeing as how it is not a digital conversion. I would recommend just the Digital Coax. Though if you dont want to make the trip to the store and have a mini to RCA red and white then you can come out of your computers green speaker or headphone jack to your receivers RCA red and white or left and right. But that will not replicate True Surround Sound.

Pics
    Last edited by rob51461; 02-28-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Photo bucket

If you look above the mini and monitor connections there should be an orange RCA, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Black View Post
    If you look above the mini and monitor connections there should be an orange RCA, is there?
    Yes its the orange 1 I have no exp with the digital I have used all the others before Thanks Ill go to the shack monday

Yes its the orange 1 I have no exp with the digital I have used all the others before Thanks Ill go to the shack monday
    Awesome, it works just the same but has a true 5.1 signal, its pretty sweet. Let me know how it works for you!!!!

Cheers!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! now I can make my ears bleed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I h8 it when Inexperienced employees tell you "we dont have that we must be out" and you find it yourself!!!!!

Im not sure your pc has the coxial plug. Going through the reference manual it just has the 3.5 mm plugs for a basic 5.1. Your pc most likely doesnt have the digital out but just email me the pic at atyourdoorpc@gmail.com
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post
    Im not sure your pc has the coxial plug. Going through the reference manual it just has the 3.5 mm plugs for a basic 5.1. Your pc most likely doesnt have the digital out but just email me the pic at atyourdoorpc@gmail.com
    It was the right cable I got it at radio shack where the first guy said they didnt have it and then I found it. Had to go through tech support to get everything conformed tho THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah the plug was at the bottom didnt find it until I tried to plug it in the wrong spot

sweet glad it was there!
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post
    sweet glad it was there!
    OH YEAH Im jamin to some ARS "Spooky"

OH YEAH Im jamin to some ARS "Spooky"
    Im glad it all worked out for ya!

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast