Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blackberry or Android

This is a discussion on Blackberry or Android within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I am a T-Mobile customer, which prevents me from getting the iPhone, which I really want. So instead, I have ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

Blackberry or Android

I am a T-Mobile customer, which prevents me from getting the iPhone, which I really want. So instead, I have a Blackberry Bold. I love the phone and have had it for 1 year, having just got a replacement since my last went out. Now however, the wife just got an LG Optimus, which runs on the Android system.. I really like some of the features, but dislike others... Does anyone else out there have any thoughts on either one?

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Re: Blackberry or Android

rotary dial

There are no sane human beings

I have had the android platform for a few months now and it is really intuitive to use.
    Light years easier than windows based platforms people say.

But I never lived with one of those...

But the apps are the freaking bomdiggity!

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

I have a HTC Evo on the Android Platform at home and use a Blackberry Curve for work. To be honest, there is absolutely no contest in my eyes. It is simply, hands down, the best option between those two in my mind. Now having to use the blackberry I feel crippled. Compared to my android, there are just no options, what options there are are complicated and unintuitive not to mention the keyboard aint exactly workin with my big thumbs. The best advice I can give you is to fire and forget. Get that Android and never look back! The thing is amazing and being an open source platform, there are constant apps and revisions to the OS that come at no cost to you. It will keep your phone new and exciting for quite some time. Hope it works out the best for you!
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

And there we have it!

Dafiddla

Blackberrys were designed for business types for email and messaging. Iphone crossed that line and made their phones like mini computers they are ipods that surf the web wth text and games and other apps.... I hate apple so no Iphone for me. Android phones do the same as apple phones but better ( i have sprint) my hero is upgradeble to 32g with micro sd card it is my mps ( with pandora radio i never use it like that) surf the web text and a few other apps its what I like. blackberry I think is about to venture into app like features by why wait?
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

I tell you kids, it's the only way to go! This ol' worlds just moving too damn fast, and it's up to each and every one of us to slow it back down to a kinder, more genteel pace.

We can start with this!:

There are no sane human beings

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

I still have my Storm 2. Wanted the Driod X but it was on backorder for 3 weeks and Verizon wouldn't let me order it 3 days before my contract was up. Well I'm still using my Storm 2. However I have had my fair share toying around on android, etc. BB is just ancient. They've really fallen behind in the times & seem content w/ lack of innovation & technology knowing their name alone will sell their phones. They are too narrow minded and really have a lock on business centric people as well as the Crackberry addicts. Though some companies recently have required employees to have WinMo phones. Personally just like anything else MS I think their Mobile Platform bites. maybe their latest is a bit better but... Absolutely get an Android phone. HTC makes some very nice phones. I had the original Touch Diamond & it's only downfall was small screen and WinMo. But since then HTC has made all their phones/screens bigger and have some nice processing power in some of their models. Not exactly sure what all T-Mobile has but I'd suggest Android over anything else, and HTC is likely a great option...

Quote Originally Posted by gjcab09 View Post
    I tell you kids, it's the only way to go! This ol' worlds just moving too damn fast, and it's up to each and every one of us to slow it back down to a kinder, more genteel pace.

We can start with this!:

[youtube]

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Don't make me bust out some pics of my antique phones!

Dafiddla

Two words: Angry Birds.

I've had the Motorola Droid for the past year. It's easy to use, and has most, if not all, of the functionality of a blackberry.

My vote goes with Android.

I'm a BB type of guy. I'm not big on the whole apps thing or touch screens. I have an ipod touch and barely have any apps on it and rarely use it. I guess it depends on what type of person you are and what you need out of it.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes bigslowrock's Avatar

I carry a work BB and personal HTC EVO. I don't think that I would ever get a personal BB unless I needed the BB for specific purposes such as encryption, etc.

Full grown Puffer Fish pomorider's Avatar

Phones were so much more simple in the past. I have used Blackberry and iPhone, but I don't have much experience with Android phone. As far as I know, they are phones and made for phone calls and other method of communications.

If you want lots of apps, get an Android phone.

If you want a device that have a LED light that will remind you that you have an email waiting or that you have missed a call, get a blackberry.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

I ended up going with the MyTouch 4G... It is a great phone. I miss some things from the Blackberry such as the ease of syncing work and other e-mails, as well as the notification LED. However, the Android is LIGHT years ahead of the Blackberry in just about everything else. The think has a great screen, wonderful apps and good speed. I love the fact that I can use it as a mobile hotspot. Thanks to everyone for the replies and opinions, I appreciate it.

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

No contest here, a Blackberry is basically antiquated when compared to a Droid OS phone. I actually chose a Droid over the iPhone.

Used a Blackberry for many years however, they were great in their day. I actually find it amazing that Rim's stock hasn't cratered? I mean, aside from mandatory corporate user accounts just who is buying Blackberry's? A while back, everyone I knew had one, now nobody does. Its all Droids and iPhones.
    "I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast