Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Puff locking up, moving verrrry slow

This is a discussion on Puff locking up, moving verrrry slow within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Thanks Todd I did download chrome after Gary suggested it and I still had problems, I use a paid Kapersky ...

No longer a community member.

Re: Puff locking up, moving verrrry slow

Thanks Todd
    I did download chrome after Gary suggested it and I still had problems, I use a paid Kapersky firewall, anti everything program and love it. Today is the 1st day I have been able to use Puff with it turned on.

I so far don't like chrome though I am still playing with it to make sure it's not for me.

Thanks

I have issues at certain times of the day. I feel its due to high traffic. Esp @ 5pm EST

Why does Dave have a RED light lit for his On / Off indicator?
    ViVat Jesus!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Thanks Todd
    I did download chrome after Gary suggested it and I still had problems, I use a paid Kapersky firewall, anti everything program and love it. Today is the 1st day I have been able to use Puff with it turned on.

I so far don't like chrome though I am still playing with it to make sure it's not for me.

Thanks

Chrome sucks Fire Fox is Boss just my 2 cents. As i tried Chrome and for the millisecond faster it was at loading something the problems it caused where not worth it IMHO!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

PM sent Paul.

I use Chrome exclusively and it flies but it depends how your system is set up. The slow down twice a day is when the server refreshes the cache but it wouldnt have been when that issue happened.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

I had to switch to Mozix months ago for one of my puters.
    I.E. just wouldn't go anymore...

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlegrin View Post
    I had to switch to Mozix months ago for one of my puters.
    I.E. just wouldn't go anymore...

Pretty sure I'm sticking with it, so far I don't like chrome and dislike anything Bill has!

1 Chrome is faster and just as if not more secure than ff

2 Chromes runs on half the resources that ff needs and that with no add ons. Chrome was a little glitchy when first came out now there are no sites that I have trouble with.

Dave as for your issue I would suspect it was an update that started your problem. If your windows has not been updated recently then most likely it is Kapersky that has updated. I only used it for a while so not sure exactly where to go to check the settings on it to help resolve. May also want to consider basic browser maintenance like clearing cookies and cache and temp internet files. This is where I would start first but to be honest if works when a/v is off then a/v is problem not that I recommend being unprotected.

Hope this helps some
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

Hi Josh
    I am still playing with chrome no reason to delete it I have plenty of time to play and check it out at my leisure. I think you must be right something updated and changed something.

I did all the usual's re starting, clearing cooking. I even added puff to the okay settings at Kapersky. it was weird it just wouldn't work very well and then got to the point that it wouldn't work at all. Everything else did. Kaspersky is the only thing I have set to update on auto, everything else has to ask me first and I didn't do any updates.

I even checked some questionable sites to make sure. whatever I am just glad it is working now. I may never know for sure what happens but I am a puff junkie I was freaking

Thanks Everyone for all the help.

Dave

No problem. I sort of work internet tech support. I have seen this happen alot with Norton ( I hate that program) I could always tell when it updated many people could not get online and called in. After 2-3 calls the rest of my night was easier. Do you have norton.....yeah.....can you turn it off please.....um ok..... go to a website.....it works....yeah call norton have a great night. slightly abbreviated but you get the picture. Sorry cant help more just been too long since I used Kapersky.
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

Yeah I hate Norton too, I remember when I had it and changed deleting it was a nightmare, it kept hiding packets everywhere like it was the Monster from Alien it just wouldn't die.

I love Kaspersky been using it for years and haven't had a virus since switching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2