Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who here carries a high-tech flashlight?

This is a discussion on Who here carries a high-tech flashlight? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...and to go along with that, who participates in the Candlepower forum? I'll start. My daily carry is a 4Sevens ...

Who here carries a high-tech flashlight?

...and to go along with that, who participates in the Candlepower forum? I'll start. My daily carry is a 4Sevens Quark 123. It's basically the same 3 volt head as the longer Quark AA2 models we have around the house. People are astounded at the amount of light it puts out. I'm not a regular on the CP forum any more, but still check in occasionally to see what's new.

Removed per request

Re: Who here carries a high-tech flashlight?

can you post a pic moe?
    i've never given much thought to hi-tech flashlights. is it a hobby,or do you use them in your line of work?

Quote Originally Posted by shuckins View Post
    can you post a pic moe?
    i've never given much thought to hi-tech flashlights. is it a hobby,or do you use them in your line of work?
    I'm sorry I missed your reply. Being a noob, I can't post links or pictures yet. For MANY, it is a hobby. For others, such as safety and security forces, their life depends on it.

For me, it's having rugged, high-tech lighting when needed. One light that can last for months in moon light mode on one battery (or one set of batteries), or two hours brighter than any incandescent. Those who don't think LEDs don't get hot haven't experienced these.

Again, I apologize for missing your reply.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

My daily is a Q3 and for its size it puts out a lot of lumens. It does use CR123 batteries, but I get them fairly cheap generally while running into deals online.

Agree with you on the heat soak experience. Some of the higher output models have large heatsink like areas on them towards the head.

An interesting conversion can be done on the Magcharger for a modest price.

I have a Coast that does better than all of my Surefires, runs on AAA not 123's.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

May have to look into a Coast it looks like a lot of the major retailers carry them. Im really curious about Fenix flaslights. Im hoping someone out there has experience with them on this board.

The Coast has a peice inside of it that slides out and you put 3 AAA's into it. Had one corrode real bad due to the batteries splitting open(still works) but then again that was my fault. Never leave batteries in your stuff when doing a overseas PCS from the tropics.

Here's the flashlight I use on the job.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

I have a Fenix PD30 and love it. It's about the size of a 1.5 rolls of quarters. Three light levels and can be mounted on a firearm.

It does take 2xCR123 batteries, but I get them from batteryjunction.com pretty cheap.

Let's try this again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who here carries a high-tech flashlight?-big-ed.jpg   Who here carries a high-tech flashlight?-big-ed-2.jpg  

"Ooh, marshmallow!" SmokinSpider's Avatar

I have a Surefire 9p and G2 Nitrolon, But these just went through batteries. So i got a Streamlight Strion LED rechargeable and that has been my go to light for about a month.

Wow this makes me realize how long I have been out of the battery world. I use to be into electric boats just as A123's were born, now there are way more advanced 123's. Oh those were the good ol' days

Elder Puffer Fish Leader max gas's Avatar

I've got a E2D executive defender by Surefire. Not only is it blindingly bright, but it can also mess some one up if you have to use it as a weapon . I also old faithful, a 6D maglight
    Last edited by max gas; 04-16-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Captnstabn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max gas View Post
    I've got a E2D executive defender by Surefire. Not only is it blindingly bright, but it can also mess some one up if you have to use it as a weapon . I also old faithful, a 6D maglight
    I carry the same one daily, except it's the LED version (E2DL). It's very useful at work, but it will burn through batteries quickly on the high setting. I am an electrician and do a lot of work in the dark. The mini-mag's dim light got old, and I decided to buy a real flashlight. It was expensive ($135) but surefire has a great warranty. I do worry about losing it though. Although if I did, I would gladly buy another one.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader max gas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captnstabn View Post
    I carry the same one daily, except it's the LED version (E2DL). It's very useful at work, but it will burn through batteries quickly on the high setting. I am an electrician and do a lot of work in the dark. The mini-mag's dim light got old, and I decided to buy a real flashlight. It was expensive ($135) but surefire has a great warranty. I do worry about losing it though. Although if I did, I would gladly buy another one.

I would definitely buy another Shurefire if I lost mine too. I agree on the batteries, if you use it a lot it does drain them fast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast