Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorid Android Apps

This is a discussion on Favorid Android Apps within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Mortplayer for playing anything audio except podcasts Mortplayer Widget addon Podcast Player for podcasts Juice for your PC/Mac to auto-download ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Favorid Android Apps

Mortplayer for playing anything audio except podcasts
    Mortplayer Widget addon
    Podcast Player for podcasts
    Juice for your PC/Mac to auto-download your fave podcasts Juice, the cross-platform podcast receiver.
    MXPlayer for anything video
    Google Authenticator to protect your big G account
    Parcels for package tracking. Every bomber on Puff should have this, fkn amazing
    Fing for networking tools
    Speed Test same as the website, just in app form
    Advanced Task Killer oddly enough, isn't super-advanced, which is why I use it. Just quick, manual, batch, program kills
    Happy Hours because you're a lush like me
    Firefox has sucked in the past, but just came out with a brand new version that blah blah techie shit, it rocks
    Tip Calculator there's a billion of these, get this one http://tinyurl.com/85qe8qa
    Ghost Commander for file explore-ing
    Ghost Commander SMB Plugin if your rooted to connect to windows shares
    Steam official Steam Android client beta
    Super Stickman Golf because it's mind-boggling awesome
    Dropbox self explanatory
    Google Sky Map dude, stars are neat
    Google Earth dude, the earth is neat too!
    NZB Unity if you have a SABnzbd/Sickbeard/CouchPotato set up (if that makes no sense to you, you don't)
    XBMC Remote if you use XBMC on your desktop/HTPC (again, ignore if you have no clue what XBMC is. Or, better yet, go google it!)
    Superuser because what fun is a rooted phone without SU powers?
    ROM Toolbox Lite all-in-one toybox to fully take control of your rooted phone and get all that bloatware shit off it

Guys, these are all EXCELLENT apps. But where are we? On PUFF!!! Check out and download CIGAR BOSS from the Play Store. I downloaded it last night (not sure how old or new it is) but this app kicks arse!!! You can find virtually any cigar, search for local and preferred shops nationwide and even input YOUR own cigar collection and keep track of it from anywhere! Its even synced with Puff's blog reviews. If you have a Droid, this is a MUST HAVE for everyone on this site. For real!

There is also a Pro version for $2.99 but I haven't found the difference. Maybe except for no ads...
    Last edited by mjohnsoniii; 07-09-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    Be discreet in all things, and so render it unnecessary to be mysterious.
    VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

Thanks everyone for all the great apps. I think I will be making the move to a Samsung Galaxy SIII this week from Apple and this will come in handy. What is the best music player to use?

Best regards, Tony

Full grown Puffer Fish Bunnosaurusrex's Avatar

I got cigar boss last night too... I'm not big on humidity tracking but this seems like an ok app, a little bit of a memory hog but whatever... Puff still NEEDS a mobile app... Think of all the mobile users that don't come here during the day because puff don't work worth a damn on mobile browsers LOL

Do you mean mp3 player or streaming?

Winamp is a great mp3 player
    As for streaming I just use Pandora...

Lurker come out to play tatubom1's Avatar

Alarm Clock Xtreme Free is one of the best alarm apps I have found. I will also recommend Juice Defender too it works great when we had a power outage here in the barracks every one was complaining about there phones being dead while mine was still running. Everything else seams to have been covered from what I can see.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    What is the best music player to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by gosh View Post
    Mortplayer for playing anything audio except podcasts
    Mortplayer Widget addon
    ^

Young Puffer Fish

I was looking for the puff mobile app and found this thread. I guess line does not exist.

Good apps... for Corp email I like touchdown.
    Songza is great for music

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tashy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BMack View Post
    Awesome! Keep em coming guys!

Also, what keyboard do you use? I'm getting soo many typos (Example: Favorid). Right now I'm using the Samsung keyboard.
    In settings, turn off auto correct. I just use the normal keyboard but hate the auto spelling.
    An it harm none, do as you will.

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

I didn't read every app listed on this thread, so some of these may be repeats...

AudioManager - great app and widget. Let's me see all my system's volume levels (alarm, media, ringer, call, etc) and adjust them.

Smart Actions - I know this was a Droid Razr specific app when the Razr came out, but I don't know if it still is. Basically let you set up certain triggers and actions. For example, when my battery hits 20%, it turns my screen brightness down, turns off GPS, and disables background sync. I also have an action that automatically silences my phone during the time periods I've specified that I have class.

Urbanspoon - Love this for finding restaurants, reviews, etc.

Radar Now! - Great app for when you just want to check the radar without current weather conditions, forecast, etc.

Evernote - I use this in conjunction with the Evernote Widget to keep to-do lists, grocery lists, reminders, etc. on one of my home screens.

Shortys Crosswords - If you enjoy crosswords (I do) get this. A good range of crosswords from "Wow, that was easy." to "$#%#^@ !!!!"

Tapatalk - Lots of forums on here and worth the few dollars if there are some you frequent (Puff needs to be on here!)

Mileage - Nice simple app for logging gas mileage. Give you info for average MPG, avg. gas prices, avg miles per tank, etc.

Ringdroid - Easy to use ringtone makers. download mp3's, open them in Ringdroid, choose the portion of the song you want, and save as a ringtone. (Note: I did have problems getting the ringtones to work on my Razr Maxx running Android 2.3 (I think). No issue now that I'm on Android 4.0 ICS.)

UPS Mobile - Makes watching all those cigar shipments from your phone super easy.

Anyone looking for a good keyboard needs to try Swype beta if it doesn't come on your phone. It is incredible.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

PANDORA
    Weather Channel
    Netflix
    Handcent Messenging
    K9 Mail
    FoxFi (free tethering)
    Shazam

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Anyone looking for a good keyboard needs to try Swype beta if it doesn't come on your phone. It is incredible.
    This too!

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Swype is very... interesting. It came on my Razr and I used it for a few months before switching back to the regular keyboard. Since I've gone back and forth a couple times, but keep coming back to the stock keyboard. Swype makes one handed typing much easier, but there are definitely some common "Swypos" that get annoying.

I don't know which phones have it, but mine comes with continuous voice recognition. I've been using it a lot lately. It actually interprets what you're saying and enters words as you talk. As oppose to those voice recognition things that listen to the whole thing, then interpret, then put it down as words. It seems much quicker, and more accurate than other voice input "keyboards" I've used.

Depends which swype you were using I think Anthony. I had SWYPE beta on my Evo 4G and it was nearly flawless and learns as you use it as well. On my new phone Galaxy III it has Samsung's version of swype and it's horrible, almost un-usable. I rather peck and type then use this thing. I'm looking for a swype beta download right now. Jonathon, if you have a download link hit me up brother!

Swype | Text Input for Screens

(click link from phone or just google swype beta)

Download the installer, and then it will start downloading. You may need to go to settings and allow files from a 3rd party because it is locked to only the Play Store by default. While you're at it, snag the Amazon app store.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast