Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorid Android Apps

This is a discussion on Favorid Android Apps within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So I made the jump from iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with Android OS... I've already added ...

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Favorid Android Apps

So I made the jump from iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with Android OS... I've already added quite a few apps but I'm still looking for some other cool apps, what are your favorite Android apps?
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Re: Favorid Android Apps

The two most used apps I have are touchdown --which is not actually about football but is rather email and calendar integration and circle launcher, so I can hide a bunch icons under one and keep my phone screen kind of clean.

I also use pure calendar and juice defender.

Those are all kind of boring and utility related. I also use spotify (music) tapatalk (forum software, though unfortunately, not for this site) and Poynt. Just because I can never decide what I want to eat for lunch so I look to see what's nearby.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Netflix
    Fancy Widget
    ESPN
    Barcode Scanner
    Pandora
    USA Today
    Google Sky
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Awesome! Keep em coming guys!

Also, what keyboard do you use? I'm getting soo many typos (Example: Favorid). Right now I'm using the Samsung keyboard.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish andrprosh's Avatar

Cardiotrainer - I log my walks, runs with the dogs
    Google goggles

No longer a community member.

Beautiful Widget
    Business Calendar
    Google Docs
    Cigar Monster
    Flashlight
    Photovault (you know why)
    and of my banks application

Theres others but they are job related. like Cad Page for receiving runs and quickly mapping the address.

Quote Originally Posted by BMack View Post
    Awesome! Keep em coming guys!

Also, what keyboard do you use? I'm getting soo many typos (Example: Favorid). Right now I'm using the Samsung keyboard.
    Can't help you there. I have a droid 2 so it has a physical keyboard. I am not looking forward to the day when they don't make phones with those anymore

No longer a community member.

I love swype for a keyboard

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

SwiftKey is the best android keyboard I've ever tried.
    Dolphin Mini is a fantastic browser. Dolphin HD is even better, but it's a little too robust for my crappy little tablet.
    I use Calengoo for a calendar. I can go through Google calendar to keep it sync'ed with the Outlook calendar I have at my desk at work.
    I tried K-9 for my email because I kept hearing how great it was, but I went back to the stock android email app. It has all the features I need and it's more stable.
    If you like to cook, ChefTap is a fantastic recipe database.
    Yahoo Sportacular is a great, customizable way to keep up with your favorite teams in just about any sport.
    And once you get your phone set up the way you want it, Titanium Backup is a MUST HAVE.
    Mah blog! -->

Thanks guys, I've been using some of these suggested apps for days and they've been some of the most useful suggestions I have received.

Now, the ONLY problem I have is that my battery level indication and every widget I get doesn't update after a full charge until after I restart the phone. I have to imagine it's a bug in the software on a SUPER new phone but...damn I love this phone! Soo glad to be back away from Apple.

Newbie in the ocean

google docs, phonto vault and flash light are my favorid Android Apps. and many more in queue.

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

lol just finally broke down after a year of debating over numerous phones to buy. The Galaxy Nexus got me to bite. I was actually just stopping in to bookmark puff when i decided to hit new threads. Have to bookmark thread on pc & check out some of the apps listed. I use a memo pad a lot with my BB Storm 2 so first & only app i dl'd so far is color note. Unfortunately swype isnt available atm but i know several people swear by it....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

donuts dog is a fun little battery widget.
    I also like...
    Weatherbug
    Flight Stats Lite
    Wikipedia
    Smart Keyboard
    Shazam
    Drive Safe.ly
    and for some fun... Air Traffic Control
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Full grown Puffer Fish Bunnosaurusrex's Avatar

Muahahahaha resurecting old threads!!!!

Soundhound is good
    Note everything
    Awaremote for controlling my media server on the deck
    Supergnes lite for Nintendo goodness
    Bluetooth manager is a handy little app for listening to music on your Borg implant (important side note it appears Borg is listed in the android dictionary... Interesting)
    Gosmspro great sms app
    Google+ kicks the stuffing out of facebook
    Es file explorer solid file viewer comes in handy
    Ftpdroid for wireless file transfer to your computer
    Teamviewer really nice remote desktop software
    And last but not least the venerable Winamp

That's all I can think of right now!

Just got the Galaxy S3 this week, always looking for more apps. Will have to try a few of these out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast