Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

whats your cell phone and why

This is a discussion on whats your cell phone and why within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I have verizon flip phone that has rubber edges and is bullet proof, It was my old work phone and ...

No longer a community member.

Re: whats your cell phone and why

I have verizon flip phone that has rubber edges and is bullet proof, It was my old work phone and they said I could have it when I retired.

I need it to male phone calls nothing else. Right now I have never made a call yet so am on the lowest plan but wanted it for when I did the Motor Home thing then I will increase minutes. I just needed a phone nothing else.

the fact that they call it a genius bar is arrogent to begin with..... i can understand the whole needed an appointment to fix/change something.... but to show me which 2 buttons to hold down to reset the darn thing would have taken all of 5 seconds. Granted this was before i had a smart phone to just youtube it.... but in the end realistically its more so the attitude of most... not all but most "apple fanpeople" that turns me off to the products.....well that and the absurd price.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

I'm watching you.

Sprint's Samsung Galaxy gs (Droid). This thing is a tank. I like the bulk of it, not to mention the big screen and the Os itself. I thought about going to an iPhone when Sprint finally sealed the deal, but Sprint got rid of their Premiere Customer plan and now I'd have to pay $600 for an iPhone. No thanks...
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Blackberry Curve.

Yah - I know it's about done for. Thing is, I still can't reliably use touch screens, and blackberry phones still have actual keyboards.

Touch screens are getting better - someday soon I think I will give them a try, or get a stylus (gasp!).

Thanks, Uncle Sam!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

I am switching from iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy 3 next month. The iPhone screen is too small!

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

well i have 3 cell phones, one is a company phone one i have had for a long time but doesnt work in the area i work and one that does work up here...
    they are
    iphone 4s
    iphone 3gs
    samsung rugby- crappy construction work phone

I currently have an Evo4g for my main phone I use it for everything from gps to notes. and I use a Samsung conquer as a mobile hotspots. Love my Android phones. The ability to swap batteries is very handy and I already use Google for mail and calenders. Plus I've been an apple hater since I was forced to learn them in high school so I'd probably shoot myself before giving apple any of my money. not to mention that 4g speeds when tethering is allot better.
    ---------------> hollymccrary <--------------- click this NOW!!!!!!

My biggest issue with apple is that they have no original ideas they just rip off others and make them easier for dipshits to use.
    ---------------> hollymccrary <--------------- click this NOW!!!!!!

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

Galaxy Nexus. Why? Because it was long past time to upgrade from my Storm 2. Got a 1 year renewal planning to get a new phone the next year but Verizon pissed me off so it ended up being over 2 years until my upgrade. Also since the Galaxy S2 wasn't coming to Verizon it was the best phone coming out anytime soon & quite honestly the only one I felt comfortable enough to lock myself into 2 years with. Dam Verizon and their abolishing of 1 year renewals. Of now FF several months & they bring in the Galaxy S3. Lol... Of course I haven't looked at it & the Nexus is PIMP so maybe I'm best off. Guess time will tell. Seriously though, I love the Nexus. I might have a couple trivial complaints if I really wanted to get anal about it but pound for pound it's a great phone.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vicini View Post
    My biggest issue with apple is that they have no original ideas they just rip off others and make them easier for dipshits to use.
    That's precisely why I love them! The take clunky but genius ideas and make them accessible for dudes like me!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zephead61 View Post
    I am switching from iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy 3 next month. The iPhone screen is too small!
    Well, if you need to get rid of that iPhone, let me know!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

I use a Motorola Admiral with Sprint/Nextel Direct Connect. It has Droid, 3G, touch screen, and an analog keyboard, oh yeah and a 5 megapixel camera. Not great, but very good at most features. The best thing about it is the Town I work for pays for it!
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Matt4370's Avatar

HTC Evo4G Android goodness! Screw Apple and their lawsuits! iphones feel like toys to me. Getting the new Samsung Galaxy SIII soon.

Hate how Apple FORCES you to use thier crap like iTunes. Good luck using good ol' drag and drop like you can with Android. Here's a new tag line for Apple "iphone, so easy an 18 month old can do it". My daughter has the iphone mastered. She can turn it on, unlock it, and open her games and apps (the wife has a 4s)

I had an HTC hero and loved it... but when os updates stopped coming I waited until I could upgrade for free. I now have the Galaxy SII and still love it even th most of what I do is text draw something words with friends and dominoes (dominoes while smoking a cigar I love that) Why did I pick this best battery on the market in smart phones best camera 8.0mp largest screen all this means I can be happy with this phone and not look to update for a while.

My gf had a blackberry and she hated the thought of a smart phone cause nothing about a blackberry is smart! She just KNEW she would hate a touch screen so when we updated her she wanted a full keyboard. She got the Samsung Epic. Now she never uses the keyboard and wants my Galaxy SII. She can upgrade in a year and it wont be an Iphone.
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

A four year old Casio G'zone Boulder - I'm online at work, at home in front of a monitor (ususally with wireless) at gigs so I really don't want it on my phone. I like a phone that can't be hurt by liquid especially when working in bars with drunk people knocking over the DJ booth every now an again! When they make a notepad with built in wireless I may jump to that but until then, the Casio is it for me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast