Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

whats your cell phone and why

This is a discussion on whats your cell phone and why within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; iPhone 4 currently but will be jumping on the iPhone 5 bandwagon as soon as it rolls around in September/October...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: whats your cell phone and why

iPhone 4 currently but will be jumping on the iPhone 5 bandwagon as soon as it rolls around in September/October

Removed per request

AT&T Go Phone. Cheap and it makes phone calls. I wouldn't have it if Mrs. Keith didn't insist. Dang honey-do lists.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I have an iPhone 4. I have one because everyone else does. I got one because everyone told me to get one. It is way more phone than I need.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

I had the Droid, which worked well, after my wife and kids going the way of apple I switched to an iPhone to use the FaceTime. The FaceTime comes in handy when I'm out if town and can speak with my kids face to face.

I have the galaxy nexus and old lady has the razr Maxx

Why...well Verizon is dominate here in Md where I am at and we just got 4g

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    I always get a kick out of the whole droid vs iphone vs blackberry vs whatever thing....... so lets see what phone is champ.

I use a droid bionic, love it.... a little more durable than the iphone esp in an otterbox. Besides all i do is tapatalk angry birds, dice with friends and text so it does everything i need it to do and does it all well.
    iPhone 4S, because work doesn't offer an Android smart phone. They pay for it though and I do get unlimited everything including international calling/roaming/data as well.

Full grown Puffer Fish SystemError's Avatar

Well, my galaxy s3 went in the pool. Touch screen does not work.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Galaxy SII Skyrocket. Because that's what work provided

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Motorola droid razor!
    Why because its thin light fast and works!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

Got a HTX one X. Why? Got it to go along my subscription. Around $50 for unlimited calling, messaging and 10GB of data. Works well enough for me.
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

Leading Puffer Fish

HTC Amaze (Ruby outside the US) and I absolutely love it.

Why Android? Because Apple sucks, hard. I'm an old school power-user, not someone caught up by a fancy logo and proprietary everything. I want to be able to run/do whatever the hell *I* want, and not have a company dictate to me what I will and will not do on hardware I own. The one-button thing is also absolutely retarded.
    Why HTC? Because as a company, HTC is the only one out there really embracing the root scene. I can get the info I need to unlock my bootloader directly from their site, unlike Samsung or Apple who like to pretend it's their hardware.
    Why the Amaze? It was the biggest, baddest, most-beastly phone on the market when I bought it, and still is. Dual core behemoth with a massive screen, able to run anything and everything I throw at it!

I've got the phone completely unlocked, running the very latest bleeding-edge software, all with complete control over every aspect of the phone. Could not be happier! Oh, and T-Mobile seems to suck less than Verizon or AT&T.

Samsung Galaxy S 1
    1. Got it and the 2 came out two weeks after. To get the two would cost alot to "upgrade"
    2. Then the three came out, I'm still under contract. To get the three would cost to "upgrade"
    3. iPhones piss me off - I own no "i" product.
    4. It works, Ill keep it till it stops.
    5. I don't use it for work, so I really don't need a "fancy" phone.
    6. If it wasn't for twitter and the few internet/map searches I do, I'd have an old flip phone!

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    3. iPhones piss me off - I own no "i" product.
    Eh? I get having a preference, but why the anger at the iPhone?
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    Eh? I get having a preference, but why the anger at the iPhone?
    I could write a novel answering that question.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

I'm not bothered by it, I just don't understand consumer animosity at the iPhone (or the Droid). I totally understand not preferring Apple's closed eco-system, and loving open source, etc, but isn't that a company's right to make one or the other? If you don't like Apple's way, I completely understand that... I just don't understand the anger about it?

I guess I'm missing something but for me, I'll eat at Happy Teriyaki, but not Teriyaki to Go, cause I much prefer the prices and the flavor... but I don't have any anger at TTG, ya know?
    Last edited by Aninjaforallseasons; 08-22-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast