Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

whats your cell phone and why

This is a discussion on whats your cell phone and why within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; iPhone because that's what Jesus uses! Oh yeah... And because its awesome browsing forums with a full site browser... Tapa ...

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Re: whats your cell phone and why

iPhone because that's what Jesus uses!

Oh yeah... And because its awesome browsing forums with a full site browser... Tapa talk is dumb!
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

Maturing Puffer Fish

I've been using smartphones since 2001 or so (first was a Palm Treo 180), and have gone from Palm to Windows Mobile to Blackberry to Android and as of a couple of years ago to iOS with an iPhone 4. Will probably go with either a Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4, or might give Windows Phone 8 a try if I decide to swich carriers.

I've had a Motorola Photon for about a year now and I like it. It's rooted so I have wifi tether when my internet isn't so great. I also have JuiceDefender which turns off data when the screen is off, among other things, and SetCPU which underclocks my phone with profiles so that when it get's say, under 20% battery life it will underclock it to what you set. Those 2 apps used in conjunction can make my phone last a weekend if I conserve it(not constantly texting/calling/checking it). Can your iphone do that?

I chose android over apple because of what has been said about it so many times earlier in the thread. I had a blackberry curve before this phone and didn't like it so blackberries were out. And finally, windows phones don't have as large a community of developers/modders/etc.

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

I have a Galaxy S3 with a usable but broken screen. It still works fine but since my wife and I have blown our 5 upgades frivolously I am waiting until Summer to get a new one.

Why? I like Apple and use a lot of their stuff, but I am very selfish when it comes to tech (brand agnostic) and Android has some features (Swype, widgets) that I really couldn't live without (in the realm of cell phones anyway). Actually if Apple had swype I might be able to do it. Love the ipad though.

Tracfone. Doubt I make 3 calls/week. Cheap, so I'm not out much if I lose it. Haven't yet. Drag the iPad along if I need it, free wifi is all over the place.

Xnxx dot com has loads of ****, for those interested in such. Free, no BS, & has just about any fetish one might desire.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Young Puffer Fish

I'm personally getting tired of iOS had an iphone in my hands since 3G, 3GS, 4 <-- currently on.

Looking into getting the new Sony Xperia Z. This bad boy is waterproof. You can take a shower with it!! Now who wouldn't want that!

MDS

Blackberry Bold 9930

Things I like: Call clarity, email interface, security, touch screen+keyboard.

Young Puffer Fish

iPhone 5. Bought it when I got an upgrade available and have been using an iPhone since the 3GS. Didn't see any need to change to android

I had a Samsung inspire til it busted, using an old flip til i get my upgrade, thinking about the galaxy note 2, thing is massive anyone have any experience with it?
    Lifes not a B!tch. Lifes a beautiful woman.
    you only call her a b!tch because she won't let you get that pu$$y.

No longer a community member.

Funny, I just got a new phone yesterday when I switch providers.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S.

That thing was pretty buggy.

Now I have a Droid Razor HD. So far I like it..................

I've never owned a blackberry as they now seem like a phone of the past, Used to be king of the Smart phones.

I have an Ipad and I like it but I've never owned an Iphone. I'm not a big fan of apple products quite frankly.

This is just MY opinion but I think technology wise, the Iphone is behind the droids.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

LG Optimus G e970 for me. Had it for a couple months now, so far so good.

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

I just got the Galaxy S4 to replace a cracked screen S3 I have been sporting since Christmas. Love it so far. Beautiful screen and super fast. I get great call reception in corners of my house where the S3 was sketchy. The battery on the S3 was always enough for me and this seems at least as good so far.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish pittjitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    I just got the Galaxy S4 to replace a cracked screen S3 I have been sporting since Christmas. Love it so far. Beautiful screen and super fast. I get great call reception in corners of my house where the S3 was sketchy. The battery on the S3 was always enough for me and this seems at least as good so far.
    I just got mine as well. Word has it they will be adding additional colors of red blue purple and brown. I'm happy with my black one and although it was a tough choice between the S4. and the Note II so far the S4 is the best phone I have ever owned

Young Puffer Fish

Same here.. i'm very happy with the switch to S4 from iPhone 4, 3gs, 3. Android is so much more malleable. iOS too locked down to even turn on/off wifi quickly. Had to jailbreak to be more efficient.

No longer a community member.

I have some cheap POS from Samsung because it does the trick for my $35 a month Virgin plan. I got rid of my smartphone over 3 years ago and I have no intention of ever going back to using my cell for anything outside of placing phone calls.

(and no....I'm not a grumpy old man- I'm only 30 )

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast