Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

whats your cell phone and why

This is a discussion on whats your cell phone and why within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by nfusion770 I just got the Galaxy S4 to replace a cracked screen S3 I have been sporting ...

Full grown Puffer Fish OratorORourke's Avatar

Re: whats your cell phone and why

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    I just got the Galaxy S4 to replace a cracked screen S3 I have been sporting since Christmas. Love it so far. Beautiful screen and super fast. I get great call reception in corners of my house where the S3 was sketchy. The battery on the S3 was always enough for me and this seems at least as good so far.
    My iPhone 4S 2yr contract is up in June and I am currently on the fence between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4. I keep rationalizing the iPhone because I have a Macbook Pro and iMac that I use daily for work and personal and it just seems to make sense to have everything from the same company, but I love what I am hearing about the S4. I am so torn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    I have some cheap POS from Samsung because it does the trick for my $35 a month Virgin plan. I got rid of my smartphone over 3 years ago and I have no intention of ever going back to using my cell for anything outside of placing phone calls.

(and no....I'm not a grumpy old man- I'm only 30 )
    Age is only a number, grumpy old man is a state of mind LOL

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish pittjitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    I have some cheap POS from Samsung because it does the trick for my $35 a month Virgin plan. I got rid of my smartphone over 3 years ago and I have no intention of ever going back to using my cell for anything outside of placing phone calls.

(and no....I'm not a grumpy old man- I'm only 30 )

Hey Mr.30, how about emails? What about the use as a GPS? You don't miss any of that?

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OratorORourke View Post
    My iPhone 4S 2yr contract is up in June and I am currently on the fence between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4. I keep rationalizing the iPhone because I have a Macbook Pro and iMac that I use daily for work and personal and it just seems to make sense to have everything from the same company, but I love what I am hearing about the S4. I am so torn!

Age is only a number, grumpy old man is a state of mind LOL
    My most powerful computer is a PC, but we have 3 Macbooks, I am going all Apple with a MB Pro with the next upgrade and I am a big fan of the ipad over Android. That being said, I couldn't live with an iphone. Sure the fit and finish is top notch and the software is well integrated and easy as pie, but the versatility of Android is superior. IOS is dated. it works great on ipad because I don't want my ipad to be my primary communications device, but Google is constantly innovating and IOS has been essentially the same for 2 years. No widgest on IOS is unforgivable. IOS with widgets, swype, upgradeable battery and memory and a 5 inch screen in a 4.75" package and I'd get an iphone. The only downside to the SG4 is the plastic and, honestly, I could care less. Ipad apps are better, but iphone apps are not.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by pittjitsu View Post
    Hey Mr.30, how about emails? What about the use as a GPS? You don't miss any of that?
    In a word...no. I never utilized it for GPS and the deluge of work emails that were constantly coming to it was a big part of why I got rid of it. I don't eschew technology nor anyone else who chooses to take advantage of these things but I just came to a point where I needed to simplify my life a little bit and getting rid of the smart phone was the way to do it. If I didn't have young children I probably wouldn't even keep the mobile phone at all, but that's just me.

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

Does anybody use t-mobile? I'm about to move from Verizon to them ( Ill save about 50 bones a month). Seems pretty good with reasonable coverage. Any reasons not to?

Full grown Puffer Fish OratorORourke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfusion770 View Post
    My most powerful computer is a PC, but we have 3 Macbooks, I am going all Apple with a MB Pro with the next upgrade and I am a big fan of the ipad over Android. That being said, I couldn't live with an iphone. Sure the fit and finish is top notch and the software is well integrated and easy as pie, but the versatility of Android is superior. IOS is dated. it works great on ipad because I don't want my ipad to be my primary communications device, but Google is constantly innovating and IOS has been essentially the same for 2 years. No widgest on IOS is unforgivable. IOS with widgets, swype, upgradeable battery and memory and a 5 inch screen in a 4.75" package and I'd get an iphone. The only downside to the SG4 is the plastic and, honestly, I could care less. Ipad apps are better, but iphone apps are not.
    Thanks for the feedback Dave. You make some really great points and I have been leaning in that direction. Plastic is still a bit of a concern, but in comparison to the plus column, seems to be a small sacrifice.

I am on the fence between HTC One ( i hear there is a Google version coming) and a Galaxy s4.
    I gave up on the Note 2 because of the price tag.
    Lifes not a B!tch. Lifes a beautiful woman.
    you only call her a b!tch because she won't let you get that pu$$y.

I have a Galaxy Note 2 that I love. I have had several android phones and liked them all as they evolve. The Iphone to me is WAY more user friendly but not as customizable. I tried not to like my ipad but I truly do love it.. So I guess its a question of customization
    vs ease of use in the end..

To rebrand someone on this forum's awesome quote "if you like it use it, if you use it like it.." lol

ehk
    Maturing Puffer Fish

SG4. had an upgrade and wanted to use it.

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Galaxy S4 and because I liked my S2 prior to this one.

iPhone 5s. Because I finally dumped my blackberry and got a steal on this. Plus got a free iPhone 4S for the wife with it.

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

I just got a gold iPhone 5S today, and I got it because it is great to use for my business, and I've had iPhones for the past 4 years. I have had no issues (nothing serious at least) and I only got the gold because even the apple store didn't have ANY phones for at&t yesterday, a local best buy had ONE gold one left today and they seem hard to find haha. Now I just need to use the same luck for a Bashert and a Headley Grange Drumstick!

Galaxy S4

Android device because I prefer the ability to root and customize.

Samsung because they make the best screens, period.

Also because Apple products are for nubs.

Some piece of crap flip Phone because that's what my work gave me so no bill but it's still a piece of crap

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    Galaxy S4

Android device because I prefer the ability to root and customize.

Samsung because they make the best screens, period.

Also because Apple products are for nubs.
    What is your definition of a nub?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast