Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

whats your cell phone and why

This is a discussion on whats your cell phone and why within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I always get a kick out of the whole droid vs iphone vs blackberry vs whatever thing....... so lets see ...

whats your cell phone and why

I always get a kick out of the whole droid vs iphone vs blackberry vs whatever thing....... so lets see what phone is champ.

I use a droid bionic, love it.... a little more durable than the iphone esp in an otterbox. Besides all i do is tapatalk angry birds, dice with friends and text so it does everything i need it to do and does it all well.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Re: whats your cell phone and why

iPhone. I had an old blackberry and my dad got the iPhone. He didn't like it so I snagged it up and got him one less confusing then gifted my backberry to a BOLT on here. My lady has the iPhone 4S now (got it for her just prior to a herf a while ago... danmn cigars). Both of us having the iPhone works well. Gonna get be an iPad soon .

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ko4000's Avatar

I was a crack berry user before switching to android maybe 2 yrs ago. I have a Droid X2 now mainly bc my company pays the bill. Just got the new iPad last week and I'm hooked. When does that iPhone 5 come out???
    This is my Signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

iPhone, I had to wait 4 years for sprint to get it and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I like it!
    "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

iPhone 3GS. I love that it's simple, and intuitive, especially syncing with my iMac. It's technology for dummies, and I like that. I also prefer the aesthetics. The Android OS and interface looks gamer-y to me, whereas iOS just looks clean. I like the emphasis on modern design and aesthetic of Apple. I unlocked it to run on tMobile, using my old $10 cell phone internet plan that's grandfathered. EDGE network, but who cares, I can check e-mail.

I haven't moved to Android for the same reason I haven't gone to Google Circles. Facebook is easy, and simple, and I'm already familiar with it. I don't want to take the time to figure out Google Circles, so I stick with Facebook. Androids are cool, work well, and are awesome tools, but I don't want to learn anything new. So I'll probably by an iPhone 4s when the new 5 comes out.

Or as soon as I can get 3g speed on my iPhone through t-mobile, which should be later this year!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Blackberry simply because I like it as a phone w/ full keyboard. No data plan. I would love to give the iPhone, with data plan, a try but T-Mobile doesn't support them.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    iPhone 3GS. I love that it's simple, and intuitive, especially syncing with my iMac. It's technology for dummies, and I like that. I also prefer the aesthetics. The Android OS and interface looks gamer-y to me, whereas iOS just looks clean. I like the emphasis on modern design and aesthetic of Apple. I unlocked it to run on tMobile, using my old $10 cell phone internet plan that's grandfathered. EDGE network, but who cares, I can check e-mail.

I haven't moved to Android for the same reason I haven't gone to Google Circles. Facebook is easy, and simple, and I'm already familiar with it. I don't want to take the time to figure out Google Circles, so I stick with Facebook. Androids are cool, work well, and are awesome tools, but I don't want to learn anything new. So I'll probably by an iPhone 4s when the new 5 comes out.

Or as soon as I can get 3g speed on my iPhone through t-mobile, which should be later this year!
    apple elitist hipster!!!!!! lol i despise apple and their" genius bar" lol

me: "my ipod is frozen"
    them: "did you make an appointment?"
    me: "no asshole, just tell me how to reset it"
    them:" oh I cant do that come back in 5 hours for the technician"
    me: "5 hours go to hell, im not waiting around the mall for 5 hours"
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    i despise apple
    You'll rue the day you crossed me, Trebek!

apple elitist hipster!!!!!! lol i despise apple and their" genius bar" lol

me: "my ipod is frozen"
    them: "did you make an appointment?"
    me: "no asshole, just tell me how to reset it"
    them:" oh I cant do that come back in 5 hours for the technician"
    me: "5 hours go to hell, im not waiting around the mall for 5 hours"
    lol. That's funny, and no doubt been many people's experiences, and I've had to come back when they were busy too, but I love the genius bar. Sure you have to make an appointment, but that's hardly unusual. You can't just show up at a dentist or a mechanic and expect them to do the work right then and there without appointment. Plus, those guys saved me hundreds of dollars. I had a problem one time and my hard drive died. Even though it was just beyond warranty, they replaced it free of charge, and because they upgraded the OS when they installed it, they threw in a hardcopy of the original software for free. Awesome stuff.
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Have a razor. Love the phone but hate and I mean hate google. Any app I try to download wants access to all your contacts,email and phone calls. Will be getting rid of this when plan is up. Probably go to the new iPhone then
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    lol. That's funny, and no doubt been many people's experiences, and I've had to come back when they were busy too, but I love the genius bar. Sure you have to make an appointment, but that's hardly unusual. You can't just show up at a dentist or a mechanic and expect them to do the work right then and there without appointment. Plus, those guys saved me hundreds of dollars. I had a problem one time and my hard drive died. Even though it was just beyond warranty, they replaced it free of charge, and because they upgraded the OS when they installed it, they threw in a hardcopy of the original software for free. Awesome stuff.
    the genius bar is not a doctor or dentist, they are a retail establishment....its the sense of arrogance that the apple store has that irks me more than anything else.... dude its a phone not a time machine, dont try to tell me that if i dont have an apple im going to turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

the genius bar is not a doctor or dentist, they are a retail establishment....its the sense of arrogance that the apple store has that irks me more than anything else.... dude its a phone not a time machine, dont try to tell me that if i dont have an apple im going to turn into a pumpkin at midnight.
    +a million. Hate apple because of this and their patent trolling, but that's another issue.

Oh I have a T-Mobile G2 without the data plan. Why? Because it was a good quality phone that wasn't all plastic available for a good price.

come on gotta be more non iphone people out there

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

I'm still using my trusty thunderbolt. I love the android OS. My wife is using the droid bionic she also loves the android OS.

Thing I've always hated about "I" anything is the propitiatory "apple" stuff that you "have" to have/use. You can't just run in anywhere and get a charger for instance and know that it'll be there. Plus all the apps that you have to pay for in order to have them. Let alone music, don't get me started on music........
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Old Salty's Avatar

I've been a Droid guy since day 1. I had the very first one, then upgraded to the R2-D2 Droid, then dropped that one in the bottom of my keezer which has about 2 inches of beer/water/slurry in it. I now have the Droid Razr, and love it. The 4G sucks the battery down, but other than that, I have no complaints.
    "In the future, all men will be able to smoke Havanas." ~ Herr Doktor Shutte

Except the Genius bar is not part of the retail sales, it's the service and repair end of things, which makes it much more like a mechanic, or a dentist. Plus, its not that they won't help you, it's that there are enough other people with appointments that you can't be fit in right then and there. Complaining you can't just drop in unannounced and get your item repaired on the spot isn't being reasonable.

But yeah, some people do think Apple is the be-all end-all of computing, and can be quite arrogant. But the guys at my local store are awesome guys.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast