Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Monitor your humidor from your cell phone!

This is a discussion on Monitor your humidor from your cell phone! within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Knut: Stay Connected by Amperic — Kickstarter Saw this, and thought of you guys. Its a basic device with sensors ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Brinson's Avatar

Monitor your humidor from your cell phone!

Knut: Stay Connected by Amperic — Kickstarter

Saw this, and thought of you guys. Its a basic device with sensors and an app for your cell phone. Could be used for tons of stuff but monitoring cigars is one of the reccomendations.

How obsessively would you start checking your phone? :-p

I'm watching you.

Re: Monitor your humidor from your cell phone!

I'd totally do that! Too bad it's already funded!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Just saw something similar and wanted to give this thread a bump. Product is called Ninja Blocks which is an easy-to-configure hub:

that connects with their temp/humidity sensor:

to relay stats directly to your phone. Also works with other electronics. Pretty crazy how advanced this stuff is getting!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I monitor my whole house in Brooklyn from my cell phone.
    You gotta love technology thanks for sharing!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish

Interesting stuff! Nice to learn something new everyday. Thanks for the post!

Sounds interesting! I'd like to monitor my deli equipment while i'm on the road...

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Wow pretty cool stuff. I personally don't see a need as the batteries in my RH meter died 10+ years ago and I have yet to replace them. I haven't seen the RH in my humi since and ironically the plum laden cigars are still smoking fine.

Full grown Puffer Fish KungFumeta's Avatar

I used to think this kind of systems were awesome and would allow me much better care of my cigars. I even started doing some research into building one myself out of an arduino and a couple of shields...

But ever since i've switched to Boveda, the RH in both my humi and my tupperdor stay absolutely ROCK SOLID and recovers within a couple of minutes after opening the lids. And until I get a wineador I have no control over temperature so why stress over it?

Perhaps it'll make more sense if the wineador turns out to be a lot harder to keep stable, but for humidors, the RH doesn't seem to need much messing with...
    "A good cuban cigar shuts the door to the vulgarities of the world" Franz Liszt