Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Anyone getting the iPhone 5

This is a discussion on Anyone getting the iPhone 5 within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just preordered mine. 32gb in black. Super pumped...

Talking Anyone getting the iPhone 5

Just preordered mine. 32gb in black. Super pumped

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Re: Anyone getting the iPhone 5

Let me know how the screen size difference is!

Since i just upgraded to a 4S last nov i don't plan on getting one, but I am scared about this 4in display. Probs not their most innovative phone yet, but its technically still better than the 4S in terms of Hardware.

No longer a community member.

I'm due for my new every 2 upgrade in October. But with Apple Maps getting beat up in the reviews, I may wait for things to iron out or at least until I can download a Google Maps app. And jailbreak, of course. I open maps as much as I rely on Mail. It must just work. Definitely want the better camera, as my iPhone is my only point and shoot when I'm not packing ten pounds of dslr gear... and an A6 processor probably smokes what I'm accustomed to performance wise with my iPhone 4. It's only a matter of time, I will get sucked into it!

only apple can get people to wait in line for year old technology.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish php007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeithK View Post
    Just preordered mine. 32gb in black. Super pumped
    I did the same also last Friday and I am looking forward to my year old technology.
    Last edited by php007; 09-21-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: typo

Full grown Puffer Fish Don_in_Texas's Avatar

I've only had my iPhone 4 for just over a year so it will be awhile before I upgrade again. It's not a biggie though as I generally have my iPad 3 with me when I really need the better display. I don't have to rely on the camera either. I'll just wait and grab a 5S or maybe even wait for the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    only apple can get people to wait in line for year old technology.
    haha seriously. but the only okay thing about apple is they dont rush shit that isn't stable ya kno? like the first 4g LTE phones were noticeably faster, but until this past year the network wasn't even up to speed so it was kinda useless to even have. and they killed the battery wayyyy to quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin surfer View Post
    I'm due for my new every 2 upgrade in October. But with Apple Maps getting beat up in the reviews, I may wait for things to iron out or at least until I can download a Google Maps app. And jailbreak, of course. I open maps as much as I rely on Mail. It must just work. Definitely want the better camera, as my iPhone is my only point and shoot when I'm not packing ten pounds of dslr gear... and an A6 processor probably smokes what I'm accustomed to performance wise with my iPhone 4. It's only a matter of time, I will get sucked into it!
    Hopefully by october Maps will be tweaked up a bit for performance and an untethered jailbreak to all phones. Not just a tethered jailbreak for the ones with A4 chips. But if you're two years in you might as well go get a better one right? haha.

No longer a community member.

I was but decided to get the Samsung Galaxy III 32 gb and a big screen will get here Tuesday. I think it will work best for me, I almost followed the crowd LOL

I was going to pre-order one until I saw the price tag for the 64Gb model...900 bucks (in Canada)

Were they always that expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    I was going to pre-order one until I saw the price tag for the 64Gb model...900 bucks (in Canada) Were they always that expensive?
    For an unlocked one, yes, and at that price its more than likely for the unlocked one.
    By signing a contract with any phone company who sells them you agree to stay with them for 2 yrs and they will eat some of the price tag.

if you do order online watch out for some factory issues.
    google this: iphone 5 scratches, applegate, iphone 5 screen bleeding.

Full grown Puffer Fish burritosdaily's Avatar

I've been using my 5 for about 2 weeks..... I love it. I think the screen is great...... personally I really like the maps.... and the speed is fantastic. I've been using only iphones since the first generation was released. Works really well for me since all work and personal computers are apple products.