Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just updated my OS on iPhone

This is a discussion on Just updated my OS on iPhone within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; And now cigar bid do does not seem to work. Monster is working though. Anyone else seem to be having ...

KSB
    Puffer Fish with some spikes KSB's Avatar

Just updated my OS on iPhone

And now cigar bid do does not seem to work. Monster is working though. Anyone else seem to be having this problem?

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Re: Just updated my OS on iPhone

oh man! that stinks. Sorry bro. there's always problems with new iOS's. for all big jumps especially. besides being jailbroken, i don't like upgrading immediately for that reason.

apple did push developers to update their apps for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support, but its never the same without having the actual device/GM copy of it.

I'm assuming deleting and re-downloading the app and rebooting the device didn't work?
    the only thing you can do is complain to the developers or try the drastic restore process.

No longer a community member.

I am jailbroken and scared to update. I rely on Google maps daily for very long trips that would suck with crappy maps or wrong directions. I am going to cling to this iPhone 4 iOS5 and my guns...

Quote Originally Posted by smokin surfer View Post
    I am jailbroken and scared to update. I rely on Google maps daily for very long trips that would suck with crappy maps or wrong directions. I am going to cling to this iPhone 4 iOS5 and my guns...
    Bro you have an A4 device! You can get a tethered jailbreak of iOS6!!!!
    And google maps is so crappy! i hate it. the new one is powered by TomTom. i actually can't wait for it to be jailbroken with A5 devices!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre99 View Post
    Bro you have an A4 device! You can get a tethered jailbreak of iOS6!!!!
    And google maps is so crappy! i hate it. the new one is powered by TomTom. i actually can't wait for it to be jailbroken with A5 devices!
    A little off topic, but I have a friend who updated and the automatic Facebook integration in iOS 6 proceeded to post all of her private phone pics to her FB page as mobile uploads. Pics she didn't intend to share with the world! Boy, that was fun for a little while...

HAHA that must have been funny!

i woulda been mad! i bet she checked something without even knowing what it was. Gotta read the fine print.

Leading Puffer Fish

I updated mine yesterday while sitting at the bar on the beach in Waikiki. No problems here!

Full grown Puffer Fish Don_in_Texas's Avatar

I always wait a good while before doing an upgrade. I hate being an unwilling beta tester. That reminds me, I'm still using Snow Leopard on my MacBook LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_in_Texas View Post
    I always wait a good while before doing an upgrade. I hate being an unwilling beta tester. That reminds me, I'm still using Snow Leopard on my MacBook LoL.
    haha wow. you can update to 10.8.2 now its pretty legit. just a energy guzzler tho.
    Last edited by Tumadre99; 09-21-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Don_in_Texas View Post
    Fwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I too am one who waits a bit for feedback before doing updates, even on apps.
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Leading Puffer Fish

LOL and here I am. Annoyed with myself that I didn't set up my VNC so I could do the update remotely.

I'm more annoyed that my hotel room only has wired Internet access and I didn't bring my airport express.

KSB
    Puffer Fish with some spikes KSB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre99 View Post
    I'm assuming deleting and re-downloading the app and rebooting the device didn't work?
    the only thing you can do is complain to the developers or try the drastic restore process.
    Yep did not with no luck. But I have not found any other problems as of yet. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch View Post
    LOL and here I am. Annoyed with myself that I didn't set up my VNC so I could do the update remotely.

I'm more annoyed that my hotel room only has wired Internet access and I didn't bring my airport express.
    Share your ethernet internet through your wifi!!!!
    Learning that has made my traveling to destitute locations AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by KSB View Post
    Yep did not with no luck. But I have not found any other problems as of yet. We shall see.
    damn! that sucks bro. I really have no idea what to tell you other than complain to the devs haha. those with customer supports usually do their all to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch View Post
    I updated mine yesterday while sitting at the bar on the beach in Waikiki. No problems here!
    Bar! Beach! Waikiki! Of course you don't have any problems..

Quote Originally Posted by smokin surfer View Post
    I rely on Google maps daily for very long trips that would suck with crappy maps or wrong directions. I am going to cling to this iPhone 4 iOS5 and my guns...
    thought i'd let you know I read somewhere that someone was able to port the google maps from iOS5 on to iOS6

sooo you may see this in the near future!!!

I need 1 more post for a link, so another post will be needed for a source haha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast