Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Any Real Difference Between iPad 2 and the New iPad?

This is a discussion on Any Real Difference Between iPad 2 and the New iPad? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My work just got a new shipment of ipad 2s and I have been using one for the past week ...

Maturing Puffer Fish samiam2007's Avatar

Any Real Difference Between iPad 2 and the New iPad?

My work just got a new shipment of ipad 2s and I have been using one for the past week since I was at a conference. I have fallen in love and am sad to give it up. I want to buy one, since the new ipad came out the price has went down a little on the ipad 2. So my question is, I looked at the specs and I do not see a great difference between the two. Any thoughts? I would rather just get the ipad 2, for the cost.

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Re: Any Real Difference Between iPad 2 and the New iPad?

If you're looking to save some $$$, I say go for it. I have the new iPad and love it! But like you, I don't see a huge difference in the specs. I know the screen has better quality, but I don't think it is a deal breaker. Plus mine was a Fathers Day gift!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish php007's Avatar

The camera is much better on the new one as well.

iPad 3=retina display and HD. Me, I'm posting this on a first gen iPad and love it even with its crappy display!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

I have the iPad 2. I checked the differences between the two for my wife and for now I'll stick with the iPad 2. The HD is nice but mine plays movies just fine the way it is.
    The other specs just don't make it worth the extra $$$.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

I believe it also has a significantly faster graphics procesor, more RAM, way better camera, and 4G LTE

iPad vs. iPad 2 vs. the new iPad | iPad Atlas - CNET Reviews

you should probably wait it out for the announcement of the new iPad mini. that should be sometime next month. It is supposed to smaller and cheaper to compete with android tablets

Maturing Puffer Fish samiam2007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre99 View Post
    you should probably wait it out for the announcement of the new iPad mini. that should be sometime next month. It is supposed to smaller and cheaper to compete with android tablets
    Great! Thanks for the tip.