Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Mobile App Development

This is a discussion on Mobile App Development within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Work has just recently told me (as in 30 mins ago) that they would like to find out how hard ...

Maturing Puffer Fish samiam2007's Avatar

Question Mobile App Development

Work has just recently told me (as in 30 mins ago) that they would like to find out how hard it would be to build an apple app from scratch. Anyone have any ideas on this? I have done data importation before into 3rd party apps, but never from complete scratch.

Anyone have any tips or level of difficulty on this?

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Mobile App Development

Quote Originally Posted by samiam2007 View Post
    Work has just recently told me (as in 30 mins ago) that they would like to find out how hard it would be to build an apple app from scratch. Anyone have any ideas on this? I have done data importation before into 3rd party apps, but never from complete scratch.

Anyone have any tips or level of difficulty on this?
    Which languages and databases have you worked with in the past? Objective C can be a little hard to wrap your head around at first, but if you have a solid C++ background it isn't that bad.

If what you are looking to do is boilerplate, get about any five books of IOS developement and a couple on objective C and one good XCODE book and you can sort it out in about a day.

Thanks

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

Yeah....I would love an android app.....which by the way....I'm a member of a woodworking forum which the main online forum is set up very similar to puff...and if their app was configured to puff it would be A beautiful thing!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

I believe there is a website online that lets you create web-apps. There aren't as cool or beautiful, but I believe they require very little C++ knowledge.