Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

This is a discussion on Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I wont because I know some of the beta testers and have messed around with it. Personally, I like my ...

  
  1. #16

    I ♥ |_|D socalocmatt's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    I wont because I know some of the beta testers and have messed around with it. Personally, I like my privacy. And thats all I gotta say about that

  2. #17

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    I don't want a tablet on my desktop. And I don't like W8. No one should like W8 on a desktop. It is before it's time, and it would work marvelously if everyone had touch screen monitors. We don't.

  3. #18

    THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    To be fair, you're wrong here. Win 3.1 was a GUI that ran on DOS, 95 is what incorporated DOS into it and kinda sucked, then the lovely 98 was heaven, with ME sucking, XP pwning, Vista being a fail of sorts, then win7 taking the cake. I'm expecting win8 to be fail by the pattern.
    I love Vista Windows 7 is just okay for me I guess 8 will be better one mans meat anothers poison.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix



  4. #19

    Double Trouble ejgarnut's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    I went from win2k to linux. im still happy with that.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown

  5. #20

    Beer Snob Josh Lucky 13's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Windows 7 ain't broke so I will use it for a few more years!
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

  6. #21

    I'm watching you.


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by ejgarnut View Post
    I went from win2k to linux. im still happy with that.
    I see the Linus is strong with you!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

  7. #22

    Chicken of the Sea Bondo 440's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Afraid of what Win 8 will do. Hide more files ? "Think" more for me ( it never predicts WTF I am trying to do , basically it just gets in my way) Tell me I can't write to my own C drive because I don't have rights? Multiple "documents directories, my documents, doucument libraries, documents. The more windows "protects" me from myself, the more annoying it gets. They are trying to get into the portables market but they ran closed code so long, because of greed, now they couldn't create an intuitive O/S if they tried. And what in God's name did they do to paint? If it weren't for Open Office / Libre Office I'd retire MS. But then again every time MS touches office they make it more horrendous. I just might grab a MacBook and load Leopard or Lion.

  8. #23

    LOB Nut Job Staxed's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    I installed in 3 days ago, got the full retail version free a week early from my school. So far I'm loving it
    You can't be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.
    My Personal Blog: Out of Shadow

  9. #24

    Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draepheus View Post
    I don't want a tablet on my desktop. And I don't like W8. No one should like W8 on a desktop. It is before it's time, and it would work marvelously if everyone had touch screen monitors. We don't.
    I'm not upgrading because of exactly what David said. Windows 8 looks great for a tablet or touch screen device, but my PC isn't. I don't want to have the urge to slide on my non-touch screen.

    That just looks stupid.

  10. #25

    Got Weenis? Cigar Noob's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Windows 8 is meant for touch screens, I read somewhere that laptops/desktops will be having that feature once windows 8 is out. Since I don't have a touchscreen I'm probably just stick with win7, but for a good price I may give windows8 a try. I've never really had an issue with Windows OSs probably because I mostly skipped the crappy ones out of sheer luck.

    The Surface will be interesting to see if they can parlay that into market share. Going to be tough with the Nexus 10 coming out soon.

  11. #26

    Double Trouble ejgarnut's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    I see the Linus is strong with you!
    lol yep

    i used to make a living with MS product, but when they went .net, i went the opposite direction
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown

  12. #27

    Chicken of the Sea Bondo 440's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by cartey View Post
    I'm not upgrading because of exactly what David said. Windows 8 looks great for a tablet or touch screen device, but my PC isn't. I don't want to have the urge to slide on my non-touch screen. That just looks stupid.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. The touch interface. Like Josh said "it ain't broke" .. I just preferred XP. I'll just run this Win7 to the ground.
    Regardless my next move being Microsoft will be quite unlikely.

  13. #28

    Nee "Tashaz" Mante's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Windows 8? I only recently upgraded my accounts computer from 98SE to XP because of a new printer and I refuse to do it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by ejgarnut View Post
    lol yep

    i used to make a living with MS product, but when they went .net, i went the opposite direction
    Which version are you using Terry?
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

  14. #29

    Alpha Puffer Fish nikonnut's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Lucky 13 View Post
    Windows 7 ain't broke so I will use it for a few more years!
    ^This! I like Win7 and I'm gonna stick with it for a while longer
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

  15. #30

    Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar


     

    Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bondo 440 View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. The touch interface. Like Josh said "it ain't broke" .. I just preferred XP. I'll just run this Win7 to the ground.
    Regardless my next move being Microsoft will be quite unlikely.
    Oh no! Which way are you going?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •