Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

This is a discussion on Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I made the choice between Windows 7 and using XP until 8 came out after I built my new desktop. ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

Re: Anyone Upgrading to Windows 8?

I made the choice between Windows 7 and using XP until 8 came out after I built my new desktop. Most of my reasoning for going with 7 has already been stated in this thread. I have no problems with 7 that made me want to switch, it seems that 8 was really designed more for tablet use, and I can't take advantage of any of cross compatibility as it would take a lot to make me switch from an Android phone.
    Growing old is compulsory, but growing up is optional.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Vista ring a bell???

No, for many reasons already stated in this thread. I just bought a new laptop which is my lifeblood for work (and play), and even though the OS upgrade would only cost $15 Win7 has proven itself to be extremely stable, I'm comfortable with it, it's stable, it's comfortable, and it's stable. Oh, and I'm comfortable with Win7. And it's stable.

Between 7 on the laptop and Android on my tablet, I can already do everything that I need. And, if I decide that I absolutely need the Metro GUI I'll just find a Rainmeter skin.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Young Puffer Fish

I've been using Windows 8 since the beta stages and I quite like it. It's better suited if you have a touchscreen monitor but I upgraded to pro anyone upon release and I love it. The app center is great and it's much faster than Windows 7.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4