Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BSOD Help

This is a discussion on BSOD Help within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; If you get it up and running I use Gizmo's freeware site for the best programs to use for whatever ...

Re: BSOD Help

If you get it up and running I use Gizmo's freeware site for the best programs to use for whatever task I am trying to accomplish. I have found CCleaner to be the best at removing... crap. Malwarebytes hasn't found one thing after scanning after CCleaner, and it takes 1 minute to complete. No 20minute scan. I would also set her browser to delete everything after she shuts it down as well as automatic scans with any programs you use. I hope there is some benefits involved in this help...

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

Took out the HDD, plugged in mine, and the computer wouldn't turn on... Put the old one back in and it turned on fine. Some kind of safety feature I'm not away of? Anyways, broke out the trusty USB to SATA adapter and booted with my HDD attached to that. Blue screened every time. It seems Memory would be my next step. Gonna see if I can get my dang flash drive to boot memtest...

Jonathan, there will be some benefit, just not that kind. lol. A bunch of us are going out after thanksgiving weekend to celebrate four 21st birthdays in the last couple weeks. So she'll buy me a couple drinks. Other than that, just helping a friend.
    Growing old is compulsory, but growing up is optional.

some computers have problems booting from USB and not all USB drives can be made bootable. If you are having problems getting that to work then just burn a memtest cd. And no the onboard memory tests are not reliable. Also I would second an earlier post to check the fan to make sure it is blowing and not plugged up.

locate the memory if there is 2 sticks pull one out boot the computer if it still bsod switch the sticks if you let me know what the specs are I might have some memory around here that will work

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

IDK if this has been answered or thought of already, just being lazy and dont feel like reading, but...

Wouldnt the BSOD Stop codes possibly give you any useful info?

Here is a google search for them

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

I think I've finally isolated the cause. While talking with a friend today about it, he asked if I had unplugged her HD when I booted from mine via USB. I hadn't even thought about it, but I left it plugged in. He suggested I try unplugging hers and hooking mine directly up to the computer's SATA plug. Had the computer on and running for nearly 40 minutes without a blue screen.

She's gonna contact HP to see about getting a Win 7 reinstall disk, which we're gonna try before ordering a new HDD.
    Growing old is compulsory, but growing up is optional.

YAAY !! Enjoy that 5 Vegas !
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

If you have her serial, just download a copy of the install disc from a torrent site?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2