Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

XPS M1710 Drivers!?!?! clean install win 7 ultimate 64 bit

This is a discussion on XPS M1710 Drivers!?!?! clean install win 7 ultimate 64 bit within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Does anyone have an idea on which exact drivers it needs to get the wireless & bluetooth working. I tried ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

XPS M1710 Drivers!?!?! clean install win 7 ultimate 64 bit

Does anyone have an idea on which exact drivers it needs to get the wireless & bluetooth working. I tried going with the Vista 64 bit stuff, but for whatever reason I was unsuccessful.

I am going to see if SlimDrivers works. I read it here on the BSOD thread, so i said why not. I usually dont go with that crap, but if I read a human recommendation saying no BS comes with it, I might as well try it for simplicity reasons.

But anyone been here done that before? I want to finish this computer and give it back already. I've been on a search for a few days now. Starting to get annoyed, haha.

As for the computer specs: 2GB RAM, Intel Centrino Duo 2.0 GHz, win 7 ultimate 64 Bit

Re: XPS M1710 Drivers!?!?! clean install win 7 ultimate 64 bit

You have to search Dell support. Even with my Alienware laptop that came with Vista, many of the drivers are proprietary with laptops and specific to hardware that only they have so quite frequently generic drivers just won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre99 View Post
    Does anyone have an idea on which exact drivers it needs to get the wireless & bluetooth working.
    Make sure, make sure, hold on. wait for it..... MAKE SURE you have "radio" turned on.
    I have a Latitude e4310 and yesterday I was down for a half hour. I didn't even know it existed. Subtle button on the side with no identifier at all shut it off. What a stupid option. What is my laptop a dragster if I roll it over it has a kill switch so it doesn't blow up?

I almost put my fist through this thing when on a hunch I searched "latitude e4310 wireless button.

Last edited by Bondo 440; 11-10-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Do you have the make model and service tag ?

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Thanks for the help guys.

I figured it out, I felt so stupid afterwards.
    As I was doing research as to why other reasons it would not work,
    some one said "i double checked my BIOS"
    and thats when it clicked for me, i shoulda checked the BIOS
    and guess what the f*cking BIOS settings were all turned off....
    so now it works!

as for the switch this model doesnt have one, which is why i was going crazy. It uses the FN + F2 combo to turn it on and off, but that wasnt working

Now its working so its all good.