Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Google Chromebook

This is a discussion on Google Chromebook within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've been seeing ads for these. The pricing is awesome, provided they are as great as they are made out ...

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Google Chromebook

I've been seeing ads for these. The pricing is awesome, provided they are as great as they are made out to be. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'd like to hear some opinions from those who are more tech savvy than I am.
    Hangin' out with Friends

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Google Chromebook

The idea behind the Chromebook is to run just about everything within the Chrome browser, with Google services covering your documents, email, calendar, etc.

But unlike normal laptops, there's no file management system. It's not a laptop. It's not a tablet. It's a shell that houses a web browser. That's it.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Oooooooh... Ok. Well that wouldn't do me much good. Thanks for the info.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Young Puffer Fish

I know this post is old but I figured I'd share my 2 cents. Chromebooks are definitely no substitute for an actual Operating System. But I have one to supplement my Mac Mini desktop setup, and I have to say...I love it! If you want a good web browser that you can carry around with you then it is perfect. Some people say "Just get a Tablet". Well I have both and they both have great uses. But the ultimate setup, IMO, is a Desktop, Tablet, AND Chromebook
    Go ahead and Stoke a Smogie!