Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone

This is a discussion on Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Mad4Cigars 2) NFC Another odd omission from Apple. When I get in my car and put my ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4Cigars View Post
    2) NFC
    Another odd omission from Apple.
    When I get in my car and put my phone in it's doc it automatically does the following:
    - turn off wifi
    - launch Waze (a traffic / nav app)

Then when I get to work and plug in my phone it automatically does the following:
    - Turn OFF waze
    - Turn ON wifi
    - Check in via foursquare
    Are you using an app to do this? Or NFC tags?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Marlow's Avatar

Here is where it might seem that I take my luddite/traditionalist/conservative outlook a bit too far, but I like a phone that can make and recieve calls, and leave taking photographs to a camera, and computer stuff to a computer. I know it might sound a bit silly since I love a good computer (desktop, not laptop) but it is just how my mind works I guess. I have felt the itch to get a smartphone recently though, but I would absolutely draw the line at one of those silly pad things.

NFC tags with an app like "NFC Launcher"

Young Puffer Fish

I don't think you should switch from your iphone. I watch people buy the iphone in droves mostly because it is the "in" thing for them to have .I not being interested in being in the in crowd, will use my smartphone with a larger screen, faster processor, better cameras, and typically walk out with it for less than the newest iphone model. LOL all that said switch because Apple releases products that really are not cutting edge special with technology that is usually available on something else already.

I have iPhone and Samsung S2, i think iPhone most great app than android. actually for music.
    Android more risk from viruses i think? even they use many free app.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6