Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone

This is a discussion on Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Fed up with dealing with Apple... Not a supertechsavvy guy & am possibly thinking about switching away from my iPhone. ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone

Fed up with dealing with Apple... Not a supertechsavvy guy & am possibly thinking about switching away from my iPhone. Can someone give me a bipartisan view on pros & cons of iPhone vs Other smart phones?
    I know I've had a couple of friends get some bugs in their phones who don't use an iPhone. Just wondering if I want to go to the 5, or switch to something else. Thanks!

Anyone switch & now happier?
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Re: Someone give me a good argument to switch from my iPhone

I was an android phone user for years. I switched to an iphone 5 when it came out and I can say that as of now, I won't swap back any time soon. The iphone just seems to be more solid and stable. It is also more user friendly, IMO. Quite simply, it works...and without the glitchy nature of the android phones I've owned. The Apple restrictions can be an aggravation, but for how I use my phone, it hasn't been a big deal.
    “I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.”
    ―Joe Walsh

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

I've had an iPhone 4 and it sucked in the reliability dept I have heard both good and bad on the 5. Also had a few androids currently a Sony Xperia s and it is great. Reliable easy to use excellent camera lots of customisation too. Not all androids are equal.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

If you want to switch you will, if not you won't. A million of us could tell you that there are many options that give you more current technology, and a more flexible experience for less money. But if you like being in the Apple environment it won't make any difference.

Keep this in mind. Samsung will never force me to update my phone and remove a perfectly functional Maps program, and replace it with their own unproven inferior product purely out of spite like Apple did. I also prefer to chose what I have no on my device, rather than it having to be screened or chosen by big brother first.

Check out the windows 8 phones too, I went to the Microsoft store and checked out windows 8 on the Surface tablet and it is a slick interface.

Full grown Puffer Fish SystemError's Avatar

Only liberasl, hippies, and kids use iphones. Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by SystemError View Post
    Only liberasl, hippies, and kids use iphones. Nuff said

Damn! I fit none of those descriptions!

I'm not married to Apple in any way... Just really looking for some perks of dropping my current phone. I've been on an iPhone for so long, I'm curious to what I may be missing.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CeeGar View Post
    I was an android phone user for years. I switched to an iphone 5 when it came out and I can say that as of now, I won't swap back any time soon. The iphone just seems to be more solid and stable. It is also more user friendly, IMO. Quite simply, it works...and without the glitchy nature of the android phones I've owned. The Apple restrictions can be an aggravation, but for how I use my phone, it hasn't been a big deal.
    Gotta agree with Colin my girlfriend Jamie has the new i Phone and loves it!
    That's the thing with i Phones you either love em of hate em!
    I like the Motorola Droid Razor to each his own!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I am also a Droid fan. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the ipad and ipods.... But as far as for my phone I love the Droid network and service. I would drop the iphone just for the fact that "they" say to have one...haha

Not Here

Never owned a droid but I will say that my iphone seems almost indestructible Went swimming with it in my pocket and figured it was ruined. After a couple of days buried in silica and it works as good as ever.
    BIA!!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish crgcpro's Avatar

I had the Droid Razr and was thinking about switching to the Iphone 5 a while ago and I got the Droid Razr Maxx instead. It does everything the Iphone 5 does with a better camera, better battery life, and it's really easy to use. YMMV

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

If you want simple, easy, "just works", you like the current OS, and you're ok with whatever limitations Apple chooses to put in place, go with the iPhone.

If you want a bit more sophistication, you're ok learning a new ecosystem, want to be able to do things Apple doesn't want you to do, and you're ok with a few more bugs, but a lot more customization, go with Android.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

No longer a community member.

Main drawback to i5 is it feels too light. i want to feel a phone in my hand. Loved the feel of the 4s. I work for AT&T and am a Droid person. I must admit however i do still, at times, miss the i4s.

Maturing Puffer Fish Maverick7232's Avatar

All I can remember about my Iphone was that I couldn't watch flash videos or open my employer web sites. I went with the Samsung GIII and no more problems, but I admit I miss the quality of the apple when it comes to scrolling and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7232 View Post
    All I can remember about my Iphone was that I couldn't watch flash videos or open my employer web sites. I went with the Samsung GIII and no more problems, but I admit I miss the quality of the apple when it comes to scrolling and such.

That's about the only drawback I've experieced so far, as far as technical things goes...

Great info guys! Big help so far!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

Quote Originally Posted by Habanolover View Post
    Never owned a droid but I will say that my iphone seems almost indestructible Went swimming with it in my pocket and figured it was ruined. After a couple of days buried in silica and it works as good as ever.

Impressive Donnie! The many uses of Heartfelt or Kitty Litter!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast