Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

How to reball a GPU?

This is a discussion on How to reball a GPU? within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So i'd though I'd throw it out there and see if anyone knows if... Their is an cheap/easy way to ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Question How to reball a GPU?

So i'd though I'd throw it out there and see if anyone knows if...

Their is an cheap/easy way to DIY? I watched a clip on youtube and while the act was easy, they had a crap ton of professional materials that look incredibly expensive. I am asking this because I have a useless 2nd or 3rd gen fat PS3 with the RLOD and the reflowing method worked once for like a month, but I wanna try this on my own because this is a more permanent fix apparently.

Plus I feel like this would be an interesting project/skill to learn.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: How to reball a GPU?

Do you mean recall a ball grid array packaged part? If so its super difficult, we normally get them done automated even for ones and twos at work. Depends on the pitch as well.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Re: How to reball a GPU?

Ya like add completely new solder onto the GPU so the connections to the board are better.