Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

I pod touch

This is a discussion on I pod touch within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; wife got me an I pod touch for xmas. dont ask what generation it is. all I know is its ...

I pod touch

wife got me an I pod touch for xmas. dont ask what generation it is. all I know is its I pod touch . My question is, is there a way to connect the i pod to tv so you can watch netflix movies you can get on the i pod. on the TV??

thought the simple way would be use the charging cable that came with it, to USB on tv but read some of the user guide adn not sure that would work and dont want to try so I dont damage anything. any thoughts appreciated

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Re: I pod touch

Yea man!

Easiest/Most Expensive way: Buy an apple tv (ATV), and with airplay to stream whatever is on the touch's screen to your tv using the ATV
    --This is what I do an its pretty cool. You can also stream other apple products as well (iPads, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPhone) but it costs like 89 or 99 bucks.

Cheaper/Uglier way: Buy some av cables that use the sync port to output video on to the tv
    --This is of course limiting you to the length of the dongle you buy, but you can find some for as cheap as 6 bucks.

You should definitely figure out which generation you do have though because some of the newer iPods won't work with older connectors, even within the 30-pin connector generations, unless you jailbreak it of course.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: I pod touch

You can get a HDMI cable as well that goes from your iPod to TV. It's similar to the iPhone ones. You can also get a good docking station. Head to best buy you can find plenty of choices there