Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Finished a website at work.

This is a discussion on Finished a website at work. within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So at my new job I finished one of the four websites that are in the process of being designed. ...

Finished a website at work.

So at my new job I finished one of the four websites that are in the process of being designed.

Basically we sell thermal imaging systems, gas detection instruments, etc. This one deals with thermal imaging specifically.

Infrared Camera Warehouse - Your one stop shop for all of your Thermal Imaging needs!

Any feedback - compliments, suggestions, constructive criticism is appreciated since I'm designing several more later.

Thank you Puffers!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

Re: Finished a website at work.

im not much of a web designer so i wouldn't take my view to heart, but it instantly looks fake to me. Almost like a scam website. Its definitely better looking than most of them, but I can't instantly trust the website ya kno?

Also at the end of any given webpage the blue part just looks weird to me. I'd say either extend the width of the blue and make it similar to the top or eliminate it entirely.

other than that it seems great. most of the clicking I did was functional.

The site looks OK - Header is way to busy and should be cleaner. I would move the e mail opt in to the top of the column and make your price match guarantee more prominent. The biggest problem I see is this appears to be a drop ship site. Your item descriptions need to be unique, right now they appear just copied and pasted from a distributors site. It will be tough to rank the site anywhere near the top of Google without unique content. I would also change your item number scheme away from the distributor stock numbers. A simple search will lead customers to competitor sites or even right back to your source.

Doing some quick checks of your keywords, you can probably revise a few to drive better rankings.

I owned 2 e commerce sites and learned quite a bit by trial and error. I just shut down my last site at the end of last year as maintaining the content was becoming way to time consuming, and the continual marketing efforts were entirely too labor intensive for the modest returns. Just my 2 cents...
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Young Puffer Fish

I think it looks great. It is very clean and easy to sort through the products. Do you do the design, coding, or both? I ask because I do penetration testing of web applications.

Also: [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.infraredcamerawarehouse.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

The mobile optimized version rendered quite well!