Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

I HATE pop up ads...

This is a discussion on I HATE pop up ads... within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Ok...I do the majority of my surfing PUFF on my iPhone. Just recently I have noticed that I'm getting a ...

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

I HATE pop up ads...

Ok...I do the majority of my surfing PUFF on my iPhone. Just recently I have noticed that I'm getting a pop up ad for each page/thread that I navigate to on PUFF. This sucks because when I try to clear the pop up I almost always end up accidentally opening the website for the company who is being advertised. I understand the need for PUFF to be profitable, but this is a nusaince! I don't seem to have this issue ony laptop. It gets annoying enough that I just go to another site to surf.

ok...my whining is done
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Re: I HATE pop up ads...

Wonder if it's apple or something because I get them on my Ipad and not my Android.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

No longer a community member.

Privoxy I didn't even realize all the ads on puff until my server went down and I lost Dansguardian+Privoxy then I seen all the popups etc was like wowha.. I tunnel everything through this system even from the phones.. I should offer it as a service IMHO if I had the ads on puff I wouldn't use puff... I really wish puff would SSL even if it isn't certified btw...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-31-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tumadre99's Avatar

try using chrome and chrome for iOS
    Last edited by Tumadre99; 04-03-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Solution: Stop using an iPhone. WIN! LOL.

I would seriously doubt the site has been hacked, more likely an apple issue methinks.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

I'm on the Galaxy Note 2 and I'm running the dolphin browser. Last night I was replying to a PM and it took me a good 10min to send because of the popup ads. So I don't think its limited to just the iPhone. It may depend on what browser you're on to.
    Wilson Roa (aka: Will)
    www.wilsonroaphotography.com

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    Ok...I do the majority of my surfing PUFF on my iPhone. Just recently I have noticed that I'm getting a pop up ad for each page/thread that I navigate to on PUFF. This sucks because when I try to clear the pop up I almost always end up accidentally opening the website for the company who is being advertised. I understand the need for PUFF to be profitable, but this is a nusaince! I don't seem to have this issue ony laptop. It gets annoying enough that I just go to another site to surf.

ok...my whining is done
    This problem is why they created Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja. Navigating any full version website on a smartphone is a lesson in futility for me. I browse and participate on my laptop or desktop and I slice the hell out of some fruit on the smartphone.

This solution may or may not work for you but it beats trying to change what isn't going to be changed. The internet is a place for commerce as well as to exchange information so I have a feeling ads will be on the www for infinity and beyond.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

I get it that this is a money making site...no problem with that, whatsoever. My issue is with a popup that blocks the screen. Hasn't been an issue for the last couple days...seems to come in waves.

I understand that I have the freedom to use this site or not...Things are OK right now...today...LOL
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    I get it that this is a money making site...no problem with that, whatsoever. My issue is with a popup that blocks the screen. Hasn't been an issue for the last couple days...seems to come in waves.

I understand that I have the freedom to use this site or not...Things are OK right now...today...LOL
    It seems to be happening more and more everywhere I go these days especially on my smartphone. I am not a tech genius but I have a sneaky suspicion the operating system on my smartphone and its corresponding updates are the cause of most of my specific problems with popups. I hope things clear up for you in the future as I can appreciate your frustrations...
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

anywhere but here

Hey guys. There shouldn't be any popup ads that cover up or block your screens whether you are on your computer, phone or tablet.

If you see any of those ads that popup and cover your screen please grab a screen shot as well as let us know aprox what time it was and where you were in the forums when you got the popup. Also if you look in the Forum Information forum there is a place to report the popup ads. http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/report-ad-issues/

If you see one of these post up this info and we'll get rid of the popup.

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

just tried on my 4s, no pop ups

Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by tpharkman View Post
    I browse and participate on my laptop or desktop and I slice the hell out of some fruit on the smartphone.

lmao, i fully agree!

ehk
    Maturing Puffer Fish

Hate pop ups as well. Some are a pain in the rear to get rid of.