Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Monitor & Control your Humidor from Anywhere

This is a discussion on Monitor & Control your Humidor from Anywhere within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes A.McSmoke's Avatar

Monitor & Control your Humidor from Anywhere

Some of you may have seen this, but I thought this was awesome. The German based company Gerber Humidore, who makes ultimate, modern and highly sophisticated humidors now have an iOS App that allows you to control & monitor every single aspect of your humidor from the rH, Temperature, Lighting, Airflow, etc. Pretty much anything depending on how complex your set up is.

Obviously, they'd like you to use the system with one of their humidors, but you can purchase the Control System and use it with your existing. You just won't have all of the technology that comes equipped in their models.

The system connects with a web database where your humidors readings are updated every 10 seconds, and allows you to log in via website, or the iOS App to check your readings, or make any adjustments from anyplace in the world. I thought it was pretty cool, just wanted to share.

It sells for about $25,000. If you had this amount to dispose of for this product, would you treat yourself?

Gerber Humidore | SPS-Steuerung mit iHumidor APP

Re: Monitor & Control your Humidor from Anywhere

If you click on the link, you'll need to click the En tab on the top right to switch to English

Puffer Fish with many spikes Nature's Avatar

Wow! Now that is obsessing. I suppose it can send alerts if conditions deviate from set parameters? Next you could add a live webcam so you could view those babies all day long from anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Nature View Post
    Wow! Now that is obsessing. I suppose it can send alerts if conditions deviate from set parameters? Next you could add a live webcam so you could view those babies all day long from anywhere!
    Indeed obsessing, and I'm sure it'll let you know when your settings are out of bounds. But looking at the inner workings & technology within their products, there'd probably have to be some user negligence or a mechanical malfunction for things to go astray.

If one of the kids don't go to college, I'll use that money to get the SPS Control System

Puffer Fish with some spikes

i need to win the lottery!

Silly waste of money. Once you have the RH stable there is no need to constantly monitor them. Think of all the cigars you could buy instead.

Leading Puffer Fish HTML5 Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    Silly waste of money. Once you have the RH stable there is no need to constantly monitor them. Think of all the cigars you could buy instead.
    Wholeheartedly agree. It's pretty cool, but completely unnecessary, and certainly not worth $25k!

No longer a community member.

Could just use X10 w/ Hygrometer webserver...

Quote Originally Posted by HTML5 Gordon View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree. It's pretty cool, but completely unnecessary, and certainly not worth $25k!
    I do agree that it's way over the top, and your humi can pretty much maintain itself once stable.

Obviously this is for wealthy individuals, so if you have a stash in your vacation home in Mauritius that you only visit on odd years, it'd be necessary.

I wish they gave a price breakdown on the Control System and Humidor, but you have to contact them. I'm pretty sure most of the $25K is for an ultra premium custom humidor, not the Control System & App. Most likely this is just a rich guys toy to outdo his rich friends.