Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Iphone 4 & IOS 7 slowdown

This is a discussion on Iphone 4 & IOS 7 slowdown within the Tech Corner forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Has anyone else experienced an extreme slowdown with their iphone phone after the new IOS update?. Mine worked fine before ...

Off to Cigar bum. com jhedrick83's Avatar

Iphone 4 & IOS 7 slowdown

Has anyone else experienced an extreme slowdown with their iphone phone after the new IOS update?. Mine worked fine before but now it is so damn slow! It takes a good 30 seconds to even save a new contact and it is failing to send texts and emails from time to time? Any suggestions or should I just upgrade (probably what they want anyway...). It is really getting irritating as I use the 4 for business, I have a 4s I use as my personal cell that I have had no issues with at all.
    Head over to cigar bum . com for a good non profit cigar forum!

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Re: Iphone 4 & IOS 7 slowdown

I know there has been a lot of complaints about the animated scrolling screen changes and all that extra animation from them trying to make it look like things are in motion. Maybe try and turn them off to see if it speeds up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I know there has been a lot of complaints about the animated scrolling screen changes and all that extra animation from them trying to make it look like things are in motion. Maybe try and turn them off to see if it speeds up the phone.
    Any idea how to turn them off?

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

Most of the new visual features are adjustable in Settings> General> Accessibility there you can increase the contrast if you don't like the pastel-ish colors, you can invert the colors (I don't know why), make the text bolder, and you can reduce the motion.

I have a 4S, so i dont know what options are on a 4. My fiancee has a 4 and she's upset that it is crazy slow after the update. I think we're both getting 5Ses soon!

There are no options for animation there. I had already looked. I was looking at trading in for the 5s, but of course none are in stock. Has anybody done the trade in program? I remember hearing something about Apple offering a trade in credit for an older iphone, but don't see anything on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by jhedrick83 View Post
    There are no options for animation there. I had already looked. I was looking at trading in for the 5s, but of course none are in stock. Has anybody done the trade in program? I remember hearing something about Apple offering a trade in credit for an older iphone, but don't see anything on their site.
    I haven't heard of a trade in with apple, maybe with the cell phone providers. Apple's stuff moves ahead in such great bounds that 2 generations back is near obsolete for them. The iPhone 4 is now the free one with a contract, so I don't know if they would pay people back for it. The providers can still refurbish and sell them, but I don't think apple would.

Ahh, I just looked it up, they offer 10% off if you recycle iPods iPhones and such, and then another program takes your iPhones and iPads, evaluates the and you might get $120 for a near mint iphone 4, $205 for a 4S

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhedrick83 View Post
    Any idea how to turn them off?
    Looks like the setting info was already posted. I would never own an I-phone, but because I do IT I have to support them and the users with the older ones are also complaining about how slow they are. That seemed to help, but apple clearly wrote the new OS software that was too much for the older phones and would cause them to go slow.

I guess you can sum it up to "creative marketing" now that hundreds of thousands of users are all looking to upgrade because the phones are too slow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Looks like the setting info was already posted. I would never own an I-phone, but because I do IT I have to support them and the users with the older ones are also complaining about how slow they are. That seemed to help, but apple clearly wrote the new OS software that was too much for the older phones and would cause them to go slow.

I guess you can sum it up to "creative marketing" now that hundreds of thousands of users are all looking to upgrade because the phones are too slow lol.
    You can always try your luck by going to an apple store to the genius bar. When I had my 3G, and they updated the software with the release of the 4, it was craaaazy slow and glitchy. I brought it to them and they knew right away and gave me a 3GS for free. There started my 2 year plan of waiting and getting the S models...

Mine slowed down a lot - rebooted it and all is back up to speed.
    Wrap Your Ass in Fiberglass
    Drive a VETTE

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Cant tell you what I0S7 is doing to the 4 but it works fine on the 5C. I just got my work blackberry taken away and replaced with a 5C as it looks like they finally got it to where you can get it secure and pass coded correctly, on top of the the RIM mail servers are about to cease operation. Not a big apple fan.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein