Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Warm Thoughts for Joe AKA Mad Hatter

This is a discussion on Warm Thoughts for Joe AKA Mad Hatter within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by DonnieW Dude you need to take it easy, seriously!! Play it super safe and take as much ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Re: Warm Thoughts for Joe AKA Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieW View Post
    Dude you need to take it easy, seriously!! Play it super safe and take as much time as needed. I too had back surgery, last November. I had serious issues that paralyzed my leg and completely numbed my groin (yeah - it sucks). I thank God I was able to get into emergency surgery (after a week). I've never felt such pain, and like you said, its night and day after the operation. But you really need to rest and let things mend. I took a solid two weeks to not even move. I further spent about 2 months totally slacking, being very cautious - even over cautious. The nerve sensation will last for awhile, no worries about that. I can now say that I am like a new man. They cleaned up the bone around the nerve and trimmed the disc, etc. But you don't get too many kicks at the can, so take it easy. Glad to hear you're doing good, and I know from experience you'll be glad you went under the knife. A good back program should be your key to prevention, once you'e ready that is.
    Thanks for the concern and be assured I'm not getting all gung-ho, just following my surgeon's orders. He has a very high success rate and he is adamant that I walk daily, from day one. No bending, stooping, twisting, squatting, lifting over ten pounds, but walk as often as possible without an increase in pain.

And thanks for the heads up on the nerve pain because I do still have a lot of that, especially first thing in the morning.
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Take it easy Joe and here's hope for a quicker than normal recovery!

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Thanks again all you guys for the warm wishes. Recovery is going very well with the new bone growth coming in at a rate much better than normal. I hate to be a warm thoughts whore but I just got the word yesterday that I'll need heart surgery in the coming months. Right now I'm just waiting to have a cathetor (sp?) done Monday to see which procedure is needed, hopefully NOT open heart. Thanks again all!
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

No longer a community member.

Great news on the recovery, prayers will be said for your upcoming procedure!

No longer a community member.

Prayers for a fast recovery!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar

Great to hear you are doing well, hope the future surgery is just as successful. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Hey Joe, you're going to be all fixed up after this next health adventure. I still have you on the big list of blessings, thoughts & prayers. Yep, your going to be OK.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

Joe,
    You remain in my prayers. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Hey Joe, May the Master Surgeon, guide your DR's every move (all will be good) I can relate to what your going through I've had Five different surgery's on my spine. get well balloons for you

GET WELL SOON JOE

Good luck and prayers for your health, MH.

[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]

Joe, I read your post,

For you guys who wished me good luck on my spinal fusion surgery this summer (or anyone else for that matter) I just wanted to say everything is going fine. I only really had a month where I didn't work at all and then spent two months doing part-time light duty at work. The last week of September I got back to business as usual (and started back to college after my 8 year hiatus) and in spite of another issue I'm really feeling like a million bucks. Thanks all you guys for your concern and wellwishes.
    in the Open Thread (pipe forum)

It gave me reason to smile my friend.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

I spoke to Joe for a bit today. He really does sound like he's doing much better. So much so, in fact, that the conversation was almost a pleasant experience for me...almost.

Keep it up Joe - I'm very happy for you to be well into your mending.
    Reserved for future use....

[SIZE="6"]My Friends & Friends of Joe's AKA Mad Hatter…[/SIZE]

This Thursday (1/15/09) morning it is expected that Joe will need our comforting and healing thoughts for a medical procedure he will be having.

I am not sure if he will have access to this forum so what is important more than posts are your heartfelt thoughts. But I am sure that once he is up and about your words here will bring a smile

Joe AKA Mad Hatter did not make this request and I hope I have not overstepped my friendship with him in asking for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Joe's Friend,

Richard

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

Joe

Get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tzaddi View Post
    [SIZE=6]My Friends & Friends of Joe's AKA Mad Hatter…[/SIZE]

This Thursday (1/15/09) morning it is expected that Joe will need our comforting and healing thoughts for a medical procedure he will be having.

I am not sure if he will have access to this forum so what is important more than posts are your heartfelt thoughts. But I am sure that once he is up and about your words here will bring a smile

Joe AKA Mad Hatter did not make this request and I hope I have not overstepped my friendship with him in asking for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Joe's Friend,

Richard
    Thank you for the info Richard, positive karma and prayers on their way to Joe!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast