Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Good Friend & Co-Worker Has Lost His Son

This is a discussion on A Good Friend & Co-Worker Has Lost His Son within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm not even sure where to begin, other than the title of this thread. The young man, who was a ...

Full grown Puffer Fish motortown's Avatar

A Good Friend & Co-Worker Has Lost His Son

I'm not even sure where to begin, other than the title of this thread. The young man, who was a wonderful, wonderful kid, passed away this morning at 18. The "how" doesn't matter. What matters is that he was the "kid next door", a handsome, bright, energetic young guy who was looking forward to starting college next month, along with everything else that life was supposed to offer him. Suddenly he's no longer with us, and his family is absolutely devastated.

His family is a lot like a lot of our families. They work extremely hard, are very active in their church and community, and try to live right. And now their lives will never be the same. I can't even begin to fathom what they're going through.

Prayers, no matter the circumstances, are always welcome. While I do not have any children, I'm simply posting this for those of you that do.

Re: A Good Friend & Co-Worker Has Lost His Son

Saying a prayer for the family now.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

I am not a fish!

While the loss of a loved one at any age is truly saddening. The loss of someone so young is a real tragedy. Prayers go out for the family and the entire community.
    [SIZE=5]
    [/SIZE]

Prayers sent to the family.
    Dave
    Gone for awhile.

I WAS ALWAYS TAUGHT TO RESPECT MY ELDERS.... NOW I DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO
    RESPECT!

No longer a community member.

As a father of three sons and one the same age as your friends this hits very close to my heart.

May God give them strength a watch over their son.

So sorry.

I'll keep him and his family in my prayers

While I myself do not have any kids, I can only imagine how difficult such a loss would be. They will be in my prayers.

Prayers are going out to the family.
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

Thanks for all of the overnight thoughts and prayers, guys. I still can't believe it... I mean, he was such a great kid. I've worked very closely with his mother and father for years (we're a team). We're more than co-workers, though... we're family.

All I can say is hug your kids, talk to your kids, get involved and know your kids (I realize, easier said than done). He was a brainiac, a stud hockey player, and a very popular kid. You always hope for a son like this... and it still didn't matter.

Again, your thoughts and prayers are greatly, greatly appreciated.

Horrible news. Prayers sent brother.
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

Awaiting Confirmation fissure30's Avatar

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader awsmith4's Avatar

I will keep you, your friend, and his family in my prayers

I have added your friend's son and family to my prayers.

I AM NOT a fish!

God's Peace!

I wanted to thank everybody again for passing along their thoughts and prayers to my friends/co-workers and their families. The service was yesterday, and it was absolutely gut-wrenching. I hate posting stuff like this... I mean, if you know me, you'll know that I'm always upbeat and optimistic. And even though I do not have children, as I said before, I'm simply posting this for those of you that do.

These were two parents who POSITIVELY did everything right, and will now forever question themselves. Their son was an the all american kid, yet he made some bad choices and bad decisions, messed around with the wrong kids and got into some VERY scary stuff that he had NO business messing around with, and now he's gone.

While we all lose family and loved ones, I don't think that I've ever seen anything so senseless or so, so sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast