Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prayers for my girls

This is a discussion on Prayers for my girls within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; For those of you inclined to do so I'd appreciate your prayers for my daughters. My wife's mom has been ...

Prayers for my girls

For those of you inclined to do so I'd appreciate your prayers for my daughters. My wife's mom has been staying with us during the final stages of colon cancer and she passed away peacefully yesterday. Aside from a few stressful times over the past couple of months it has been a positive experience having her with us during this time, especially for my wife as she took a leave from her job to tend to her mom full time.

Our girls have done well but this is all new to them and we're helping them process it all. Grandma was a big part of Christmas for them and it will be strange this year - not bad, just different. We thought about getting out of town for the holidays as a diversion but with my wife off work there's really no budget for that, so we'll find things to do locally. I would just like for them to be able to relax and enjoy the holidays. Prayers for peace and joy for them this holiday season would be appreciated.

thanks,
    david

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Re: Prayers for my girls

Strength and well-being is sent your family's way David...from mine to yours. Sad to hear of your loss, especially at this time. Best of everything from here on out, to all of you
    Reserved for future use....

I AM NOT a fish!

Done! God's Peace to you all, brother!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Prayers and condolences sent to your family!

I am not a fish!

I am sorry for your loss, especially at this time of the year. My prayers go out to your family.
    [SIZE=5]
    [/SIZE]

Maturing Puffer Fish

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this trying time. We will think of you and pray.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

My grandfather passed away during this time when I was a kid and I never forgot how I felt. My thoughts and prayers to your family at this time. If at all possible try not to associate your loss with this holiday season as it is hard enough missing them the next year. To get thru a loss like that during a holiday season we would all go to the gravesite together and include them in with the holiday so it didn't become something that meant 'personal loss',,,we wanted to include them in our joy at that time.
    Last edited by Cigary; 12-20-2008 at 06:53 PM.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Thoughts and prayers go out and a Merry Christmas.

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

It's never easy, David, to lose a loved one. But it is especially difficult around the holiday season. My mother passed away on New Year's Day 5 years ago and the holidays are a bittersweet reminder for me. While it is fresh for you and your family this year, during the holiday season cherish her memory. Do not mourn her death but celebrate her life.

I will pray for you, your wife, and daughters so that they may find strength this holiday season.

Scratching Itches chippewastud79's Avatar

Prayers sent for you and your family David.
    You can never have too many cigars, they are like an investment in good times.

Prayers sent and may God bless.
    "Man made laws to set you free on earth but is God satisfied
    Will your lawyer talk to God for you?" Kitty Wells

Thanks all for the comforting words and thoughts - very much appreciated.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RicoPuro's Avatar

May the spirit of the Holidays bring you and your family peace and solace. Will pray for you. My condolences.

Jorge
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thoughts and prayers to your family David.
    Skeeter a bad influence? I think not.

David, prayers have gone up for your daughters, your wife and you. May the Lord fill each of you with peace and fond memories this Christmas and throughout the new year.
    Tim D. ~ Woodstock, GA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast