Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smoke one for Baxter.....

This is a discussion on Smoke one for Baxter..... within the Thoughts and Prayers forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; All he gave us was joy and in the end I had to give him Peace. Baxter had been sick ...

Smoke one for Baxter.....

All he gave us was joy and in the end I had to give him Peace. Baxter had been sick and his liver went into failure so we had to put him under this morning. Man was this one tough I just keep thinking how a dumb old dog could get to me like this. Thanks for all of the good words this week encouraging him on. I fell like I lost a son tonight.

E.J.
    Movies for 500 Alec.. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if youve noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."

Alpha Puffer Fish

Damn EJ, I am sorry to hear of this. A sad thing.
    Inactive member

Man I am so sad to hear of your loss bud. I also went through what you are going threw with my little dog Foxie. I know how you feel and can only tell you it will get better with time. You are correct to say they are one of the family--that's exactly what they are. If I can help in any way just shoot me a PM and we'll talk---

Again very sad to hear of your loss--Paul & Chrisie--Smoking a Oliva Special "S" right now for him!
    ViVat Jesus!

This was sent to me by another member here (alnpd) and it really helped me threw the hard times-As you can see I still have it and will keep it for as long as I need to--Hope it helps your family as well---

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    ViVat Jesus!

No longer a community member.

Dang EJ, so sorry to hear about Baxter. Its tough losing those little furry four legged critters. Today's stick will be in honor of Baxter!

I'm really sorry to hear about that brother. Putting a pet down is such a hard thing to do.
    (__(JM)____}}}

Genie of the White Gin GreySmoke's Avatar

Very sorry to here that. I've had to put down a few dogs in my life and it always brings a tear to my eye. As my avitar now shows we are new puppy owners and this little girl give us so much pleasure so go out and find a new source of joy and we will remember Baxter for the great friend he was.
    “Beware the dangerous cigar,which brings with it the glass and the scarlet woman!"

Sorry to hear about your little buddy bro. I know times like that are not easy.
    <---When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished.
    What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker--->

Member has been banned

You did lose a son, our pet's are real family members, grieve, mourn heal and in time it gets easier. Sorry for your loss!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I am so sorry to hear about Baxter, EJ. We had adopted a stray dog a few years ago. We only had him for a month before he got real sick and we had to put him down. I remember how sad I was after only one month. You must really be feeling it, and we'll smoke one for Baxter tonight.

Puffer Fish with some spikes dartfrog's Avatar

Sorry to hear this news E.J.

Man I cannot finish that "Rainbow Bridge" with out emotion.
    Stay strong man, he'll be waiting for you.
    Charlie
    CRA #206741

No longer a community member.

Sorry to hear about that. Losing a pet really is like losing a family member.

To Baxter and our four legged loved ones past and present. I will have one today in honor of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dartfrog View Post
    Sorry to hear this news E.J.

Man I cannot finish that "Rainbow Bridge" with out emotion.
    Stay strong man, he'll be waiting for you.
    I am right here with you bro on this one. Going out right now to smoke one for the little guy.Eyes are too wet to read any more now.
    "The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen."

Oh man I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure you did what you could for the little guy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast